proportionality of volumes in the copy

Created at 25 Oct 2019, 11:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

bienve.pf

Joined 19.09.2018

proportionality of volumes in the copy
25 Oct 2019, 11:32

Hi. I want to present a case that has happened to me and I hope you will find a solution so that it does not happen to anyone else. I have invested the minimum $ 100 of investment in a cTrader Copy strategy. the fund has been burned by the copy of positions of XAUUSD whose minimum lot exceeded the proportionality with my funds. according to my point of view the positions that do not keep the scale or proportion of equity to equity should not be copied for security, or at least. that the copy of those positions was optional with checkbox in the acceptance of the strategy subscription

@bienve.pf
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Oct 2019, 16:25

Hi bienve.pf,

I would suggest to anybody using cTrader Copy to familiarize themselves with the Terms and Conditions first. What you are desccribing is coverend in section 11.1.I.E.1. Quoting below

E. The exception to the above rules is the situation where according to the equity to equity ratio, your position size would be below the minimum allowed trade size or above the maximum allowed trade size, those exceptions are;

1. If your position size is calculated to be below the minimum size allowed by your broker, it will be opened, but rounded up to the nearest minimum volume step allowed.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

bienve.pf
25 Oct 2019, 16:33

so is. but the platform should prioritize security and not copy the positions that break the proportionality Regards.
@bienve.pf