Copying open trades from start

Created at 29 Jul 2019, 22:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

ancdriver239

Joined 29.07.2019

Copying open trades from start
29 Jul 2019, 22:42

Hi guys,

I notice with cTrader Copy (in the help section) that it says that when an investor decides to copy a traders strategy, they are immediately exposed to the traders open positions at the prevailing market rates. Is there a workaround to this so that no current open orders are copied but only 'new' positions placed after the moment the investor begins copying?

Thanks

@ancdriver239
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jul 2019, 09:18

Hi ancdriver239,

Thanks for posting in our forum. No there isn't. The concept behind cTrader Copy is that you invest in the strategy as a whole and not in individual positions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ancdriver239
31 Jul 2019, 08:13

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi ancdriver239,

Thanks for posting in our forum. No there isn't. The concept behind cTrader Copy is that you invest in the strategy as a whole and not in individual positions.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Thanks for the reply

May I ask another Q:

Is it possible to 'hide' from investors/copiers the trades a strategy providor is trading? The reason I ask this is because a trading strategy is IP and if the actual positions are being shown then anyone can simply steal the trading strategy

Regards 

@ancdriver239

PanagiotisCharalampous
31 Jul 2019, 09:32

Hi ancdriver239,

No you cannot hide then from copiers/investors. The positions will be copied to their own subaccounts.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ancdriver239
31 Jul 2019, 09:33

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi ancdriver239,

No you cannot hide then from copiers/investors. The positions will be copied to their own subaccounts.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Oh that is a shame.

Thanks for your response

@ancdriver239