multiply x2 x3 x4 the volume of the positions

Created at 04 Jun 2019, 18:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

bienve.pf

Joined 19.09.2018

multiply x2 x3 x4 the volume of the positions
04 Jun 2019, 18:24

before it was possible to multiply x2 x3 x4 the volume of the positions in cTrader Copy.
Now the volume is calculated automatically depending on whether I double or triple the minimum investment required?

It would be great if I as an investor could multiply the volume of positions.

@bienve.pf
Replies

bienve.pf
04 Jun 2019, 19:02 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:21 )

This control box is made less in cCopy

@bienve.pf

PanagiotisCharalampous
05 Jun 2019, 09:22

Hi bienve.pf,

This is not available in cTrader Copy since it features a different copying logic. It is based on an equity to equity model. In this case, it is the strategy provided who decides the amount to be risked and followers copy the trades in their accounts proportionately.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

forextik
02 Sep 2019, 23:46

this is not very clear...ie...if minimun money to copy is 1000 and inthe field i decide to put 2000, what i image is that ewach position the provider open will be double on my copying account....

ie provider open 0.1 i get on my 0.2, instead it seems it is not like that.... which is the logic????

today a signal provider friend of mine with 1800 euro on the account (he earned 800 starting from 1000), opened a position of 0,1.

i put 1400$ on my account. on my acocnt the volume was 0.08. is this normal?

@forextik

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Sep 2019, 09:29

RE:

forextik said:

this is not very clear...ie...if minimun money to copy is 1000 and inthe field i decide to put 2000, what i image is that ewach position the provider open will be double on my copying account....

ie provider open 0.1 i get on my 0.2, instead it seems it is not like that.... which is the logic????

today a signal provider friend of mine with 1800 euro on the account (he earned 800 starting from 1000), opened a position of 0,1.

i put 1400$ on my account. on my acocnt the volume was 0.08. is this normal?

Hi Matteo,

Why do you think it is not normal? It is calculated as follows

0.1/1800*1400 = 0.0777. Rounding that you get 0.08.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

FleX
07 Oct 2019, 09:51

Spotware need to seriously re-think this.

I want total control over how my trades are copied before I would use this service.
Comparing this to MQL5 where I can use a trade copier in my MTx terminals, or what is possible with Signal Start.

What happens if the trader suddenly decides to change their mind how it works and not tell me?
Will Spotware refund my losses if the account gets wiped out due to their change in this scenario?
Clearly I'm not responsible because I have no control over what happens..

I was also wondering given the enforced Equity model, what happens in the case of Grid/Martingale style basket trading?
How do you ensure that all trades in the basket are copied with correct relevance to one another if the account equity changes between orders, or is that also broken?

I was wondering why there's so few good listings on the service.
Poorly conceived user controls and non-universal access. Get your s#it together!

@FleX

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Oct 2019, 10:01

Hi drayzen,

cTrader Copy is more of an investment platform rather than a copying service. In cTrader Copy, you invest an amount in a strategy and let the strategy provider manage your funds in the same fashion as would happen if you have invested your money in e.g. a mutual or a hedge fund. It is your responsibility to choose the person that will manage your money wisely. If you need a platform with more flexibility and control over the copying procedure, cMirror is still available.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

FleX
07 Oct 2019, 11:37

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi drayzen,

cTrader Copy is more of an investment platform rather than a copying service. In cTrader Copy, you invest an amount in a strategy and let the strategy provider manage your funds in the same fashion as would happen if you have invested your money in e.g. a mutual or a hedge fund. It is your responsibility to choose the person that will manage your money wisely. If you need a platform with more flexibility and control over the copying procedure, cMirror is still available.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

ok, well better change the name to cTrader Invest then, and it can continue to hover around in the background as something that no traders will be interested in, or even know exists..
Isn't cMirror being discontinued? Is there a shut-down date for it?

I was really hoping that switching to cTrader would be substantially better than MetaTrader, though the more I look the more I find just as many issues..

btw, this forum has no basic common functions such as: on-site notifications / thread subscriptions / links to your posts from your profile.
Better look in to getting this stuff sorted..  ;)

@FleX

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Oct 2019, 11:39

Hi drayzen,

There is no shudown date for cMirror at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous