Recommendations for minimising "drop outs" with cAlgo

Created at 16 Jun 2016, 07:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 16.05.2015

Recommendations for minimising "drop outs" with cAlgo
16 Jun 2016, 07:22

I'm running cAlgo on a VPS server, signing in via my Ctrader ID.  I would like to be able to "set and forget" but I have found each day or 2 that when I look I see that my account has logged out, or disconnected...  Sometimes the bot still seems to be active but other times it seems to be not updating on the chart (and account info, etc).  

Since you can't sign in while a cbot is running, it means stopping the bot to re-sign in...  I do log in to Ctrader on my local computer to check things (1x live account and 2x demo) and I'm not sure if that disturbs the connections (I don't think it does).  

I'm trying to determine if it is (a) an internet issue from the VPS side, (b) a cAlgo issue, or (c) an issue with my broker.  

I have noticed it more often when cAlgo has an update--  I quit and when I restart it automatically updates prior to loading.  

Possibly a different question: but is it more 'economical' in terms of computer power to run the bots through cAlgo or through cTrader?  I have had times where cAlgo has frozen and causes a windows error but never through cTrader.  

Many thanks,

G

@1007601
Replies

galafrin
16 Jun 2016, 08:56

I noticed too that yesterday's update was followed by yesterday's night deconnexion . The problem on both cTrader and cAlgo is they don't reconnect automatically as other trading softwares do, which is an obvious deterrent for automated trading. 

@galafrin

GoldnOil1050
16 Jun 2016, 11:42

RE:

Hi,

This is the single bid issues for years now.  A turnaround would be if you sign-out of your cTRADER ID and login with your Broker ID.  This way it goes a little smooth when running cBOTs.

///S.Khan

1007601 said:

I'm running cAlgo on a VPS server, signing in via my Ctrader ID.  I would like to be able to "set and forget" but I have found each day or 2 that when I look I see that my account has logged out, or disconnected...  Sometimes the bot still seems to be active but other times it seems to be not updating on the chart (and account info, etc).  

Since you can't sign in while a cbot is running, it means stopping the bot to re-sign in...  I do log in to Ctrader on my local computer to check things (1x live account and 2x demo) and I'm not sure if that disturbs the connections (I don't think it does).  

I'm trying to determine if it is (a) an internet issue from the VPS side, (b) a cAlgo issue, or (c) an issue with my broker.  

I have noticed it more often when cAlgo has an update--  I quit and when I restart it automatically updates prior to loading.  

Possibly a different question: but is it more 'economical' in terms of computer power to run the bots through cAlgo or through cTrader?  I have had times where cAlgo has frozen and causes a windows error but never through cTrader.  

Many thanks,

G

@GoldnOil1050

ironmine
19 Jun 2016, 11:37

RE:

1007601 said:

Many thanks,

G

Don't ever use cTrader ID, it's a buggy feature. Use the standard way to log in into your trading account.

@ironmine

19 Jun 2016, 14:27

RE: RE:

ironmine said:

1007601 said:

Many thanks,

G

Don't ever use cTrader ID, it's a buggy feature. Use the standard way to log in into your trading account.

Thanks for the replies -- I'm turning everything off this week (who knows what will happen !?!?!?) but I'll try this out on a demo...

@1007601

02 Sep 2016, 16:00

RE: RE: RE:

1007601 said:

ironmine said:

1007601 said:

Many thanks,

G

Thanks for the replies -- I'm turning everything off this week (who knows what will happen !?!?!?) but I'll try this out on a demo...

So that was 19th June and I've had minimal problems since then until this week.  The new version seems to default to opening a browser window to log in using cTrader ID;  and you have to "force" the login using your account details by clicking manually.  

It would be great to get some clarification about which events cause the platform to need new credentials.  For example, I run a bot constantly in a VPS remote computer.  I also login to ctrader on my phone and on my laptop (from 2x different locations).  I also login to cAlgo on my laptop (from 2x different locations).  Does any of these logins affect my remote VPS's login?  If so, I can learn not to do this, but it hasn't been a problem for months and now suddenly it seems like it is.  

Otherwise a great week!

@1007601

08 Sep 2016, 05:46

RE: RE: RE: RE:

1007601 said:

1007601 said:

ironmine said:

1007601 said:

Many thanks,

G

So that was 19th June and I've had minimal problems since then until this week.  The new version seems to default to opening a browser window to log in using cTrader ID;  and you have to "force" the login using your account details by clicking manually.  

It would be great to get some clarification about which events cause the platform to need new credentials.  For example, I run a bot constantly in a VPS remote computer.  I also login to ctrader on my phone and on my laptop (from 2x different locations).  I also login to cAlgo on my laptop (from 2x different locations).  Does any of these logins affect my remote VPS's login?  If so, I can learn not to do this, but it hasn't been a problem for months and now suddenly it seems like it is.  

Otherwise a great week!

...bump...

would be great to seek clarification about constant need to re-log in

@1007601

Krecha99
06 Oct 2016, 23:07

I have been having the same issues for about a month now. I have contacted Spotware multiple times with error logs and support tickets. I have live accounts with two broker's and it happens on both so do not see how it can be a broker issue. I have had a reply from Spotware asking for more info, and other than that, NOTHING.....

My Brokers were a great help trying to get some answers from Spotware in the beginning, but then Spotware support just stopped replying.

I have tried both cTID and account credential login and the drop outs keep happening. 

There is also a problem with connecting accounts to MyFXbook now, so wonder if it is related???

@Krecha99