Limited historical data loading

Created at 12 Jun 2016, 23:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

aimerdoux

Joined 07.06.2015

Limited historical data loading
12 Jun 2016, 23:56

Hi, Dear Spotware I want to notify that my team just got stock in some problem that result not being algorithmic but of the platform limit, and the thing is the the market series historical price low high open and close only load until a certain value and them all the other values become NeuN I will attach some pictures of the problem and the code that I used to find out; besides this problem I would like to know what can I do if i need to use the historical data given this problem is impossible to make analysis in the marketseries using historical please give me a recommendation.

the following 2 screeshots were taking from different brokers what point out that the error is coming from the platform, we really need a least 10000 last index historical values to make a proper analysis pleas help us.

we appreciate if you can show us how to push more data using or the options that you recommend us to solve this issue thank you very much...

this is the code segment used to check 

protected override void OnStart()
        {
            for (int i = 0; i < 10000; i++)
            {

Print(i + " ", MarketSeries.Close.Last(i) + " ");

}
        }

@aimerdoux
Replies

Spotware
14 Jun 2016, 17:48

Dear Trader,

The GetSeries method retrieves around 10000 values.

By default the Source retrieves 2000 values. If a User scrolls back in the chart the source will retrieve more values.

We will provide users with the ability to set the amount of the values they would like to retrieve in the future. Stay tuned.

@Spotware

aimerdoux
14 Jun 2016, 18:04

yes the thing is that in the case of a cbot is impossible to scroll back due to the amount of marketseries manage algoritmically ok we'll stay tuned thank you

@aimerdoux

hmbnjmifrr
14 Apr 2017, 07:59

I'd be interested if some changes have already been made by Spotware on this topic. I have a cbot that checks historical data for past trades in order to analyse specific things, but I'm unable to fetch the data. Something like this:

MarketSeries series = MarketData.GetSeries(trade.SymbolCode, TimeFrame.Minute10);
var barIndex = series.OpenTime.GetIndexByTime(trade.EntryTime);

But this returns -1 if the data is too far in the past (and I'm only talking a couple months back). It would be interesting to have some kind of a data manager in cTrader, where you can specify how much history to fetch (to keep) by default.

@hmbnjmifrr