Old cs files do shows "Source code not available"

Created at 31 May 2016, 13:39
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

bachapk

Joined 20.03.2014

Old cs files do shows "Source code not available"
31 May 2016, 13:39

Hello.

I have many old files which I compiled in 1.21 version of cAlgo. Now I installed 1.35 and is surprised to see that cAlgo is not picking up old .cs file to generate .algo files. Also I am not able to open the source code files in the cAlgo platform. Can you tell me what is wrong with 1.35 version? Also what measures I should take in order to open/edit/compile my old source code .cs files. Also the cBot files which comes with 1.35 version, I can see its code.

cBot Files which comes with 1.35 as default:

The Old files which shows no code available :

The new default files location and its .cs files:

The old files location and its .cs files:

Thank you.

@bachapk
Replies

Spotware
31 May 2016, 17:46

Dear Trader,

The old .cs file has to be in the robots folder and not in any subfolder.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cAlgo\sources\robots

@Spotware

bachapk
31 May 2016, 17:56 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

The old .cs file has to be in the robots folder and not in any subfolder.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cAlgo\sources\robots

Thank you. But it didn't work. I copied Alligator_Williams_cBot.cs to main Robots folder. Deleted Alligator_Williams_cBot folder. Restart cAlgo 4 times but still I see the same issue.

@bachapk

Spotware
31 May 2016, 18:01

Dear Trader,

We kindly ask you to:

• Close cAlgo
  • Rename the current robots folder
  • Create a new robots folder in the following path:   C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cAlgo\sources\
  • Copy only the .cs files to the robots folder
  • Open cAlgo again. 

@Spotware

bachapk
31 May 2016, 18:20 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Nothing is helping. I have done exactly the same procedure:

1. Renamed Robots folder to Robots1

2. Created a new folder with Robots name.

3. Copied all .cs files and .algo files to Robots folder.

4. Restarted cAlgo but still I am getting "Source code not available" message.

5. I can open all .cs files in notepad and the code is correct as shown in this picture.

@bachapk

bachapk
31 May 2016, 18:25 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Further I deleted all .algo files and only leave .cs files in the Robots folder. Now I can see No ROBOTS!!

@bachapk

Spotware
01 Jun 2016, 10:54

Dear Trader,

We kindly ask you to follow the steps described above again, precisely and in the exact order.

@Spotware

bachapk
01 Jun 2016, 11:40

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

We kindly ask you to follow the steps described above again, precisely and in the exact order.

Thank you. My issue resolved. I uploaded files to Google Drive to shift to another computer. When I downloaded files from google drive, the files were downloaded in a ZIP file and the .cs files were converted into text files in the process. So it was like MyBot.cs.txt. Due to Hide extension property, I was not able to see .txt and hence cAlgo was not able to generate any .algo file as these were practically text files and Not .cs files. I renamed all files by removing .txt from all. And when restarted cAlgo, I was able to see the source code of every cBot.

Thanks 

@bachapk