Serious DOUBT on correct functioning of default indicators !!!

Created at 26 May 2016, 15:34
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Joined 29.12.2015

Serious DOUBT on correct functioning of default indicators !!!
26 May 2016, 15:34

Dear Support

I've been working on a multipair cbot and there are multiple issues with the default indicators and more.

1. I'm retrieving the ATR from multiple time series and it is reported as a negative VALUE (code extracts and results):

audjpySeries = MarketData.GetSeries("AUDJPY", ReferenceTF);

audjpyATR = Indicators.AverageTrueRange(audjpySeries, Periods, SlowMaType);

Print("The _AUDJPY ATR of: {0}", audjpyATR.Result.Last(0));

where SlowMaType is  exponential , and the result is as follows:

26/05/2016 12:23:45.832 | The _AUDJPY ATR of: -4.27799999999915

THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

IF I change to Simple or VIDYA , even more pairs ATR comes up as NEGATIVE !!!

2. I collect Moving averages from multiple pairs and the reported values are completely incorrect (Sample below):

Fast_MA_EURUSD = Indicators.MovingAverage(eurUsdSeries.Close, FMA_Period, SlowMaType);

Slow_MA_EURUSD = Indicators.MovingAverage(eurUsdSeries.Close, SMA_Period, SlowMaType);

Can you please check, because it looks like logic based on indicators can become easily unusable !!!

BR
Oltion Bregu

@9544315
Replies

Spotware
26 May 2016, 18:01

Dear Trader,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding your issue and a code example that causes it?

You can post the code example here or send an email at troubleshooting@spotware.com.

@Spotware

acrigney
18 Sep 2021, 02:52

RE: I have the same problem the AverageTrueRange can be negative

Looks like this has not been fixed?

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Could you please provide us with more information regarding your issue and a code example that causes it?

You can post the code example here or send an email at troubleshooting@spotware.com.

@acrigney

amusleh
20 Sep 2021, 08:24

RE: RE: I have the same problem the AverageTrueRange can be negative

acrigney said:

Looks like this has not been fixed?

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Hi,

Please post a code sample so we will be able to replicate the issue you are facing.

@amusleh