CPU Usage Problem?

Created at 09 May 2016, 19:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IN

CPU Usage Problem?
09 May 2016, 19:06

Hi, cAlgo seems to decide randomly how much CPU to use for the Optimization Process.

I tried it on a old i3 and on a brand new i7. Most of the time i start an optimization cAlgo would just use about 20-25% CPU, the resources slider doesnt have any effect. Other times it would use 100% CPU (maybe 1 out of 20 times i start an instance). Tried new install of cAlgo, new install of OS, cleared the cAlgo cache and the problem still persists on both machines.

Anyone got the same problem or knows a fix or workaround?

Cheers

@instructorandy@gmail.com
Replies

Spotware
11 May 2016, 11:40

Dear Trader,

The CPU usage could vary according to the parameters you are using and the calculations  of your cBot.

Could you please provide us with more details regarding your issue?

@Spotware

instructorandy@gmail.com
12 May 2016, 22:07

Usually i optimize the same bots with similar parameters. Sometimes cAlgo would use 90-100% cpu until the optimization is finished but most of the times only about 20-25% for the exact same optimization, which takes of course 4 times as long. I am running different versions of win10 on both machines (i3 & i7 with 4gb ram each) so i tried different settings for affinity and priority but it didnt change anything. To get the most out of that 20% cpu usage i am using 3-4 instances of cAlgo now to optimize 3-4 bots at the same time so i get to about 80% cpu usage with each instance using 20%.

Could that be a win10 issue?

@instructorandy@gmail.com

Spotware
16 May 2016, 10:59 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Dear Trader,

Can you please set the CPU consumption on both cAlgo platforms on your VMs?

You can adjust the CPU consumption percentage on the settings of the optimization tab.

@Spotware