Any working mt4-ct trade copy solution?

Created at 06 May 2016, 18:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CA

castpi

Joined 29.03.2016

Any working mt4-ct trade copy solution?
06 May 2016, 18:59

Hello Spotware,

There's a link in your platform for mt4 to cTrader trade copier by one of  your partners, could you verify if this software is still working?

Others have pointed out it doesn't install mt EA, only receiver files for cAlgo, and in fact none other files were installed on my pc.

How can this be helped? Is there any other solution?

Sincerely

@castpi
Replies

Spotware
09 May 2016, 11:06

Dear Trader,

We kindly ask you to contact the developer of the cBot directly. We don't interfere with the source code of other developers.

@Spotware

ChasBrownTH
02 May 2017, 18:17

Caveat: Since the website is now offline and for sale it seems to have been abandoned?

So you can get the mt4 source here >> http://angloam.net/MT4-cAlgo-TradeCopier-OLD-files/TradeCopierProvider.mq4

The MT4 Trade Sender .ex4 is here >> http://angloam.net/MT4-cAlgo-TradeCopier-OLD-files/TradeCopierProvider.ex4

Hope this helps, remember to set the ID in both the MT4 and CTrader setups. The only problem I ever had is that MT4 sometimes moves the 'Data Area', it can be in

'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ABCDEFG12345678etc''

where it is looked for by the cAlgo bot, but sometimes MQ4 writes into

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 IC Markets\terminal.exe"

In which case the cAlgo bot cannot find the file and fails to work, so I am trying to modify the code, but it is 'very cryptic', at least to me! It would be far easier if the path was always fixed and constant, but in some cases it isn't. I think Microsoft are to blame, they 'improve' things in newere versions and abandon past users sometimes.

@ChasBrownTH