What can I study to be a programmer of cAlgo??

Created at 02 Apr 2016, 13:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EM

emaildebainas

Joined 02.04.2016

What can I study to be a programmer of cAlgo??
02 Apr 2016, 13:13

Hi, I'm a student from the US, I'm going to start the university, and I want to study something to be a cAlgo programmer. When I asked the advisers of my school they did not know what I was talking, I think that they don't know too much about the stock market. They even suggested me to watch videos of YouTube.. Anyways, I want to study something to be a professional programmer of cAlgo. Does any of you know what can I study? That will really help me. I don't know who else can I ask about this, and thanks for giving me some of your time. :)

@emaildebainas
Replies

yisrgg
02 Apr 2016, 14:40

Hello.

I have previously learnt to programm in MQL4. Anyway, I started with this C# course. But I see now that it will be available until the 4th of April 2016 only. That's a bit too soon. I would recommend you to learn C#, since it is the programming language cAlgo uses. Then you could apply those basics to cAlgo and use the API Reference to guide you. You'll learn by yourself and just by using waht you need and want to use. I think that's the best way to learn a programming language, learn by using.

On the other hand, if you don't have any idea about financial markets, stocks, forex, futures, options, etc, I recommend you to have a look at this course. Once you have started with that, if you like it, you'll find yourself the next step to take, what topics or ideas you'd like to explore or know more about...

If there is anything else I can do for you, just let me know.

Have a nice day.

@yisrgg

StewartMorrisonvW7
19 Jun 2020, 00:01

Thank you for sharing important information.

@StewartMorrisonvW7

kristynella1
19 Jun 2020, 00:04

I really want to learn to be a programmer. Thank you for your great recommendation. The fact is that due to the coronavirus and staff cuts, I lost a good position in the company. So I'm looking for a remote job and I want to learn a new skill that will bring income to my family. I am very glad that I found your forum where I can get help and answers to many questions related to programming. And I've already found a place where I can get help with the exams to get 2020 Cisco Certification. But first I have to take good courses to get the necessary knowledge to achieve my goal.

@kristynella1

ClickAlgo
19 Jun 2020, 07:05

You can start here.

and for programming Microsoft C# take a look here

https://clickalgo.com/ctrader-learn-programming

@ClickAlgo

... Deleted by UFO ...