Configure cAlgo sources location?

Created at 14 Mar 2016, 12:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ST

stech22

Joined 14.03.2016

Configure cAlgo sources location?
14 Mar 2016, 12:35

Is it possible to configure the location that cAlgo uses to store source code for custom indicators and bots?

In Windows 7 it defaults to:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\cAlgo\Sources

... but I would like to change this to a dropbox folder so that it gets automatically backed up.

Thanks ...

@stech22
Replies

ClickAlgo
14 Mar 2016, 16:32

Hi Stech,

I would use TFS or GIT with Visual Studio for Source Integrity (version control) , they are both free for small teams and amazing tools. One simple feature is that if you make a mistake you can roll-back to the last time you checked in the code.

You can use drop-box for weekly backups.

Regards,

Paul.

@ClickAlgo

ClickAlgo
14 Mar 2016, 16:33

RE:

Paul_Hayes said:

Hi Stech,

I would use TFS or GIT with Visual Studio for Source Integrity (version control) , they are both free for small teams and amazing tools. One simple feature is that if you make a mistake you can roll-back to the last time you checked in the code.

Regards,

Paul.

I forgot to say that when you check-in your code it is all safe on a Microsoft Cloud Server.

@ClickAlgo

breakermind
14 Mar 2016, 16:44

RE: RE:

Hi,

set dropbox backup > Documents folder

or create in C# app --> backup to zip and copy to dropbox folder

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/37887/C-Zip-Files-and-or-Folders

Bye

@breakermind

breakermind
14 Mar 2016, 16:45

RE: RE: RE:

breakermind said:

Hi,

set dropbox backup > Documents folder

or create in C# app --> backup to zip and copy to dropbox folder

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/37887/C-Zip-Files-and-or-Folders

Bye

or use hubic.com

@breakermind

stech22
14 Mar 2016, 22:30

RE: RE:

Paul_Hayes said:

Paul_Hayes said:

Hi Stech,

Regards,

Paul.

I forgot to say that when you check-in your code it is all safe on a Microsoft Cloud Server.

Thanks Paul.  Isn't Microsoft Cloud Service a paid service (beyond initial free trial)?

I want to be able to check code in and out while disconnected to the internet, so I'm guessing a git-based solution would be best.  Also I need to quickly sync my code between my laptop and home PC.   Based on these requirements, would using Visual Studio + GIT repo on Dropbox be a good fit?

Cheers ...

@stech22