cTrader account disconnection

Created at 07 Mar 2016, 12:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
VO

vontogr(at)gmail.com

Joined 11.09.2015

cTrader account disconnection
07 Mar 2016, 12:32

I am really mad at spotware.

cTrader platform is on, my server is on, my internet connection is on (I have dedicated server with 1GB dedicated connection and 64 GB RAM)

yet ctrader is disconnecting from the account regularly so the open trades are no longer managed by algo.

Now the issue exist on 3 different brokers, on live accounts on demo accounts and also in ctrader and calgo.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com
Replies

Spotware
08 Mar 2016, 17:16

Dear Trader,

Could you please send the following information to troubleshooting@spotware.com?

• Screenshots showing your issues

• Computer Specifications

• OS Version

• Internet Connection bandwidth

• The Journal for each Broker you have this issue. Your journal is located at: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cTrader\Journals\%BROKERNAME%

Submit us troubleshooting information when you experience this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T. Please put your cTID  “1013330” in the comments section of the troubleshooting information window and send as email to troubleshooting@spotware.com with a full screenshot attached showing that you submitted it.

@Spotware

vontogr(at)gmail.com
08 Mar 2016, 17:33

RE:

I will when this happens next time Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Could you please send the following information to troubleshooting@spotware.com?

• Screenshots showing your issues

• Computer Specifications

• OS Version

• Internet Connection bandwidth

• The Journal for each Broker you have this issue. Your journal is located at: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cTrader\Journals\%BROKERNAME%

Submit us troubleshooting information when you experience this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T. Please put your cTID  “1013330” in the comments section of the troubleshooting information window and send as email to troubleshooting@spotware.com with a full screenshot attached showing that you submitted it.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

.ics
11 Mar 2016, 14:45

RE:

1013330 said:

I am really mad at spotware.

cTrader platform is on, my server is on, my internet connection is on (I have dedicated server with 1GB dedicated connection and 64 GB RAM)

yet ctrader is disconnecting from the account regularly so the open trades are no longer managed by algo.

Now the issue exist on 3 different brokers, on live accounts on demo accounts and also in ctrader and calgo.

Hi Spotware,

I'm experiencing the same issues.

I'm also losing my datafeed on cAlgo resulting that the algo is not managing my trades anymore. Afterwards as work-around i have to restart cAlgo to fix the datafeed.

Greetings

@.ics

Spotware
11 Mar 2016, 14:50

Dear .ics,

Could you please perform the steps described in our previous post?

@Spotware

vontogr(at)gmail.com
11 Mar 2016, 17:56

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear .ics,

What are these mythical steps?

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

.ics
14 Mar 2016, 00:24

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear .ics,

Dear Spotware,

Info sent.

@.ics

vontogr(at)gmail.com
14 Mar 2016, 10:32

RE: RE:

.ics said:

Spotware said:

Dear .ics,

Dear Spotware,

Info sent.

It happened again, after weekend all my ctrader instances get disconnected from account so trades were not handled. What a shame.

Simply clicking login button in right top corner fixed the isse

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

Spotware
16 Mar 2016, 11:18

.ics said:

Spotware said:

Dear .ics,

Dear Spotware,

Info sent.

Dear .ics,

As per the message you received, we kindly ask you to check your internet connection. We would like to inform you that there are several reasons that could interfere with the connection between the cTrader platform and the server. (E.g. virus, another program consumes the entire bandwidth, you antivirus blocks some packages). Please have a look at the troubleshooting section of our support site.

@Spotware

.ics
17 Mar 2016, 01:10

RE: RE: RE:

Spotware said:

.ics said:

Spotware said:

Dear .ics,

Dear Spotware,

Info sent.

Dear .ics,

As per the message you received, we kindly ask you to check your internet connection. We would like to inform you that there are several reasons that could interfere with the connection between the cTrader platform and the server. (E.g. virus, another program consumes the entire bandwidth, you antivirus blocks some packages). Please have a look at the troubleshooting section of our support site.

Hi Spotware,

Thanks for your reply.

It could be the case that other programs are consuming a lot of bandwidth causing the client to disconnect, but that's in my opinion not the essence of the issue what needs to be addressed.

When a client is disconnected for what ever reason. We or the client should always be able to perform a new login without the dependency of stopping the algo from running first. Currently when the client has lost its connection, you are not able to perform a new logon unless you stop the algo from running, causing dataloss of trading activities.

@.ics

ironmine
17 Mar 2016, 14:39

I also have very frequent and quite long disconnections at my VPS (cTrader with Pepperstone disconnects from forexvps.net, even though the latency is 0.4 ms).

At home, my cAlgo requires a restart after a couple of Optimization runs.  The support here at this forum explained it saying that I have frequent disconnections due to viruses, or maybe some other applications use the network bandwidth. It's not true, of course. I don't have any viruses.

I think the problem lies with cTrader/cAlgo. The creators of these programs just refuse to recognize this problem and delete messages from the web forum where users complain about it.

@ironmine

Spotware
17 Mar 2016, 15:19

Dear ironmine.

If you have any disconnection issues, you could always perform the steps we provided in the beginning of this thread. In addition, we invite you to have a look at the troubleshooting section of our support site.

@Spotware

GoldnOil750
29 Mar 2016, 12:19

Hi All,

This problem is persistent for quite some time and SPOTWARE is doing nothing about it but just keep on giving statements.  I have reported this earlier and was really mad, as PRICE FEED gets cut off, and one has to now stop the cBOT, etc....  not to mention sometime it does connect by itself. 

/forum/cbot-support/7869

(*check my complain.  has been months)

SOLUTION:

Do not login with cTRADER ID.  Just login with your BROKER ID and now it is working quite well with me.  No disconnection and manual re-login.   I have been running my cBOT on a VPS, upgraded it also on SPOTWARE recommendation but of no use. Until I disconnected my platform from cTRADER ID.

Thank you

///S.Khan

@GoldnOil750

vontogr(at)gmail.com
29 Mar 2016, 17:26

RE:

GoldnOil750 said:

Hi All,

This problem is persistent for quite some time and SPOTWARE is doing nothing about it but just keep on giving statements.  I have reported this earlier and was really mad, as PRICE FEED gets cut off, and one has to now stop the cBOT, etc....  not to mention sometime it does connect by itself. 

/forum/cbot-support/7869

SOLUTION:

Do not login with cTRADER ID.  Just login with your BROKER ID and now it is working quite well with me.  No disconnection and manual re-login.   I have been running my cBOT on a VPS, upgraded it also on SPOTWARE recommendation but of no use. Until I disconnected my platform from cTRADER ID.

Thank you

///S.Khan

Thank you very much for the tip.

I got disconnection every weekend. They did not help. They just blame my PC connectivity. I have dedicated 1GB link BTW :)

I will try your solution

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

ironmine
31 Mar 2016, 14:57

RE:

GoldnOil750 said:

Hi All,

/forum/cbot-support/7869

SOLUTION:

Thank you

///S.Khan

I second it. It's true. Do not log in with your cMirror ID.

SPOTWARE should release a special no-frills, "CPU-friendly" and "memory-friendly" version of cTrader, with minimum graphics, designed for maximum reliability and running 24 hours x 5 days per week on VPS.

@ironmine

Spotware
07 Apr 2016, 12:02

Dear ironmine,

It's in our plans to further optimize the performance on all cTrader platforms in the future. Stay tuned. 

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

@Spotware

ironmine
12 Apr 2016, 08:45

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear ironmine,

It's in our plans to further optimize the performance on all cTrader platforms in the future. Stay tuned. 

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

The situation with disconnections has improved after I began:

1) Re-starting the VPS each weekend religiously, I do it on Sundays. Re-start not just the software (cTrader), but the VPS itself.
2) Using the Memory Manager cBot (available for downloading from this web site) programmed to clear the memory once every 2 hours.

These two steps helped a lot, now I can see that cTrader uses less memory now, it's under 55% most of the time (I have 2 Gb memory installed). While previously it had been around 70-90%.

@ironmine

vontogr(at)gmail.com
08 Nov 2016, 14:04

Exactly

SOLUTION:

CTID login broken.

Spotware knows about issue for at least a year

They are forcing users to use it and they are not willing to fix it.

What a crap!

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
08 Feb 2017, 11:01

spotware is forcing their ct id login over account login more and more, all this pop up windows and new tab in browser

also ctrader has only half functionality without ctid login like workspaces

the question is SPOTWARE OMG did you fix the disconnection issue mentioned hre years ago?

or are you forcing users to use feature that is malfunctional and causing ctrader to disconnect and loose control over open trades?

I have NOT seen a note here that this issue was fixed and PLEASE dont asnwer with your usual - send us report - this issue is well known and replicated over various users/suystem/verisons/configuration - it is YOUR issue and not users.

I am willing to use the feature WHEN i know it is working and not crippling my trading which is over all positive - without ct id login 

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/togr/oscillatortradersway/1754580

Waiting for answer. 

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
08 Feb 2017, 18:32

RE:

1013330 said:

spotware is forcing their ct id login over account login more and more, all this pop up windows and new tab in browser

the question is SPOTWARE OMG did you fix the disconnection issue mentioned hre years ago?

or are you forcing users to use feature that is malfunctional and causing ctrader to disconnect and loose control over open trades?

I have NOT seen a note here that this issue was fixed and PLEASE dont asnwer with your usual - send us report - this issue is well known and replicated over various users/suystem/verisons/configuration - it is YOUR issue and not users.

I am willing to use the feature WHEN i know it is working and not crippling my trading which is over all positive - without ct id login 

Waiting for answer. 

Anybody here? This is blocking issue of otherwise great trading platform (apart from trailing stop, which works better on mt4)

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
13 Feb 2017, 10:40

1013330 said:

1013330 said:

Waiting for answer. 

Anybody here? This is blocking issue of otherwise great trading platform (apart from trailing stop, which works better on mt4)

Right now I found out the issue was still not fixed. 

My algo on myserver was working for monhts without single issue. Just one day with ct id login and system became disconnected so trades were no longer managed.

You are not spotware but CRAPware.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
21 Feb 2017, 12:34

RE: RE: RE:

1013330 said:

1013330 said:

1013330 said:

Waiting for answer. 

Right now I found out the issue was still not fixed. 

My algo on myserver was working for monhts without single issue. Just one day with ct id login and system became disconnected so trades were no longer managed.

You are not spotware but CRAPware.

Guys if you are not able to fix it for years why do you push it so much?

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
17 Apr 2018, 14:23

Panagiotis,

dont take it personally. I have been project manager for years [working on projects for Microsoft, Sonny Ericsson, Hewlett Packard, etc...] so I know the staff.

The thing is you should have bug database, whatever you name it.

In such database you should have status and importance for each bug.

So regardless the personal changes you should keep and process all important informations.

Needless to say you should NOT use your clients as testers.

You should do bug testing and bug fixing on your side prior to release. But I am sure you know that.

So the question is why dont you manage your product the proper way?

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

... Deleted by UFO ...