cAlgo and WCF

Created at 01 Mar 2016, 00:49
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

olddirtypipster

Joined 18.04.2014

cAlgo and WCF
01 Mar 2016, 00:49

To the developers:

Have you fundamentally changed the wway that cAlgo and cTrader works?

Previously, I could have hosted a WCF service inside of my cBot like so:

public MyBot()
        {
            _clientCommunicationPipeline = new CallingClass();
        }

public CallingClass()
        {
            EndpointAddress endpointAdress = new EndpointAddress("net.tcp://localhost:2010/SiriusScientific/CTraderBridge");

_client = new CTraderClient(new InstanceContext(this), new NetTcpBinding(), endpointAdress);
        }

But now, the program blocks at the line:   

EndpointAddress endpointAdress = new EndpointAddress("net.tcp://localhost:2010/SiriusScientific/CTraderBridge");

I tested the same code inside a test client app to connect to the service and it works, so it must be the way that cAlgo/cTrader treats interprocess communications now!

What have the developers done???

Have they completely broken cAlgo?

Pleas respond.

@olddirtypipster
Replies

olddirtypipster
01 Mar 2016, 01:19

OK. The issue here is that cAlgo is still incompatible with Visualstudio 2015. It you plan on doing interprocess communication with this API, you must use VS2013 and not VS2015.

Spotware has got to support an upgrade. What is taking so long?

@olddirtypipster

olddirtypipster
01 Mar 2016, 22:37

RE:

olddirtypipster said:

OK. The issue here is that cAlgo is still incompatible with Visualstudio 2015. It you plan on doing interprocess communication with this API, you must use VS2013 and not VS2015.

Spotware has got to support an upgrade. What is taking so long?

OK. Never mind that. It works now in VS2015. All of a sudden. Not sure why, but it works.

@olddirtypipster

melser_studio
15 Mar 2016, 12:57

This post was removed by moderator.