Debugger

Created at 07 Feb 2016, 19:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

mats.j.andersson

Joined 05.02.2016

Debugger
07 Feb 2016, 19:45

I have attached Visual Studio to my cAlgo. I can edit code and compile it but not debug.

I attach to tight process cAlgo but as soon as I set a breakpoint it is invalid. The text is:

The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document.

And, yes, I have compiled for Debug, not Release.

Regards

Mats

@mats.j.andersson
Replies

BeardPower
08 Feb 2016, 16:25

Try do make a clean build and rebuild your code.

Make sure you are generating debug information in the "Generate Debug Info" option.

Did you restart your program in cAlgo?

@BeardPower

mats.j.andersson
09 Feb 2016, 13:18

RE:

BeardPower said:

Try do make a clean build and rebuild your code. 

Make sure you are generating debug information in the "Generate Debug Info" option.

Did you restart your program in cAlgo?

Did make a clean build, am generating debug info and I did restart program in cAlgo

One issue might be that I am using Visual Studio Community 2015 which I managed to connect to cAlgo by updating the vsix-file info. 

It starts from cAlgo OK. It compiles OK. Only the debugging is missing.

Regards

Mats

@mats.j.andersson

Spotware
09 Feb 2016, 14:13

Dear Trader,

Currently we do not support any Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 editions.  It is in our plans to support these editions too. Supported editions are 2010, 2012, 2013

In addition, we would like to invite you to have a look at the How to debug cBots or Custom Indicators in Visual Studio section of our support site.

@Spotware