Can I open charts through CAlgo?

Created at 07 Feb 2016, 05:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CR

cre8iveq

Joined 07.02.2016

Can I open charts through CAlgo?
07 Feb 2016, 05:29

Hi. I've always been a hardcore MT4 / MT5 fan, and never looked at anything else until just yesterday. Took some time to look into this CTrader thing, and WOW... where have you been all my life :)

Anyway, with Metatrader, something I used to do is programmatically work out a short list of pairs that currently suit my trading criteria, then close all charts, and open just the charts for the pairs that meet my criteria. It was just a nice little time saver.

Is this possible with cAlgo? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

@cre8iveq
Replies

hibikidan333
07 Feb 2016, 06:02

RE:

cre8iveq said:

Hi. I've always been a hardcore MT4 / MT5 fan, and never looked at anything else until just yesterday. Took some time to look into this CTrader thing, and WOW... where have you been all my life :)

Anyway, with Metatrader, something I used to do is programmatically work out a short list of pairs that currently suit my trading criteria, then close all charts, and open just the charts for the pairs that meet my criteria. It was just a nice little time saver.

Is this possible with cAlgo? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

I think you can trade live by adding an instance to your bot and then press the play button.

@hibikidan333

cre8iveq
07 Feb 2016, 06:04

Thanks for the quick reply, but it's not quite what I was after. What I want to do is have 1 bot determine a list of pairs that meet my criteria, then have that bot close all open charts, and open 1 chart for each of the pairs that suit my criteria. It just saves me having to do it manually.

@cre8iveq

Spotware
10 Feb 2016, 12:31

RE:

Dear cre8iveq,

Currently there is no way to open or close charts programmatically. We will consider providing such methods in the future. Stay tuned.

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

cre8iveq said:

Thanks for the quick reply, but it's not quite what I was after. What I want to do is have 1 bot determine a list of pairs that meet my criteria, then have that bot close all open charts, and open 1 chart for each of the pairs that suit my criteria. It just saves me having to do it manually.

@Spotware