Any way to react on user input?

Created at 12 Jan 2016, 00:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lorddevil

Joined 03.01.2016

Any way to react on user input?
12 Jan 2016, 00:36

Is there any way to react on user input for indicators/bots?

What I mean... is there a way to create a button on the chart, where you could react on user input or open a window to change parameters etc.? It would be even great if you could interact with Chart Objects -> e.g. lines etc. to do something by dragging lines.

I didn't find anything in the API so I guess that's not possible yet?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

@lorddevil
Replies

Spotware
12 Jan 2016, 16:29

Dear Trader,

There is no such method to change the user input by opening a window to change parameters. However, you can take advantage of the C# language used in cAlgo and you can write some methods of your own to achieve it. A simple search using any search engine will show you several examples of how to create a new Window.

@Spotware

lorddevil
12 Jan 2016, 17:39

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

There is no such method to change the user input by opening a window to change parameters. However, you can take advantage of the C# language used in cAlgo and you can write some methods of your own to achieve it. A simple search using any search engine will show you several examples of how to create a new Window.

Surely I could make my own window at the start of the script (I am a .NET/C# developer myself). However what I mean is, it would be great to create a button on the chart directly so I can react on user input quickly. What I need is something like DrawObjects.Button(Text, Widht, Height, Location...) - which can be placed and can be reacted via events? Is that possible somehow?

@lorddevil

Spotware
13 Jan 2016, 15:53

Dear Trader,

We don't provide users with the ability to attach objects on the charts, which are not standard in cAlgo.API. We will consider your suggestion.

Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

@Spotware