Can't create new indicators, can't delete existing. (video of the problem)

Created at 04 Nov 2015, 09:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid205024

Joined 04.11.2015

Can't create new indicators, can't delete existing. (video of the problem)
04 Nov 2015, 09:17

Video of the problem.

http://cl.ly/1E0L04441I29

New button doesn't create New indicator. 
Right click and delete doesn't delete. 

I was told by support to perform this silly procedure, as if this is 2005 and we need to uninstall and reboot the computer to fix issues. 

1. Close any running instance of cTrader or cAlgo.
  2. Hold down the Windows key and press R, this will open the Run dialog box. Enter appwiz.cpl to open the Programs and Features component of Windows.
  3. Uninstall cAlgo (also cTrader if installed), the close Programs and Features.
  4. Hold down the Windows key and press R to re-open the Run dialog box, and enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Apps and press OK.
  5. Delete the 2.0 folder, and close Windows Explorer.
  6. Hold down the Windows key and press R to re-open the Run dialog box, and enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming and press OK.
  7. Delete the following folders; cTraderIC Markets cAlgo, IC Markets cTraderIC Markets-cTraderCommon, then close Windows Explorer.
  8. On the Start Menu click on Documents, and rename the cAlgo and cTrader folders.
  9. Restart the computer.
  10. Download and install cAlgo.

When all of these obviously didn't work, I was asked by support:

1. Version of Windows, if Windows 10 then was this a clean installation or an upgrade from a previous version?
  2. Is this a physical or virtual machine, if virtual then running on what virtualization technology?

As if the fact that the Windows 10 is upgraded or clean could possibly have any affect on the functionality of a button, or if the fact that I'm running Windows 10 natively or on parallels would suddenly make it impossible to delete an indicator. 

Can I please have proper technical support? 

@ctid205024
Replies

Spotware
04 Nov 2015, 22:48

Dear Trader,

The reason for asking these questions is to collect as much information as possible, to the able to reproduce your issue.

Could you please answer them or post your answer here in the forum?

@Spotware

Spotware
04 Nov 2015, 22:49

Dear Trader,

The reason for asking these questions is to collect as much information as possible, to the able to reproduce your issue.

Could you please answer them or post your answer here in the forum?

@Spotware

ctid205024
04 Nov 2015, 23:19

1. It's a clean install. 

2. Parallels 11. 

While we are on the topic of irrelevant issues, I'm also wearing a black long shirt, using a logitech k811 keyboard and my mac is on a white standing desk. The coffee mug is on the left side of the keyboard. 

Are you going to ask me to try it in an upgraded machine? Or are you asking me to use Vmware fusion or a native installation? Perhaps if I change the coffee mug's location? 

@ctid205024