Visual Backtesting

Created at 29 Aug 2015, 13:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

moneybiz

Joined 06.12.2011

Visual Backtesting
29 Aug 2015, 13:16

Is it possible to see how backtesting performs step by step like in live trading with ability to pause, to go forwards, to go backwards increase tick speed, lower tick speed?

Currently what I see is it is just processing the whole data and at the end draws the chart. I want to watch it like in live trading.

@moneybiz
Replies

ClickAlgo
29 Aug 2015, 21:17

Hello Mr MoneyBiz,

You could capture the market data and any values in the OnTick event using Visual Studio in debug mode while running a back-test, it will call all the methods OnBar, OnTick etc from the start date to the end date, you could store the values in a database and use a custom built 3rd party application to do the historical analysis to ability to pause, to go forwards, go backwards increase tick speed and lower tick speed.

Please can I have a copy when you have built it, I will buy you a few beers.

Paul.

@ClickAlgo

moneybiz
29 Aug 2015, 23:20

4 years ago when I first discovered cAlgo I liked it but it had some properties missig and I started to code one for myself to excatly do that visual backtesting.

After my tries I concluded that this forex things is total BS, nothig you can hold on to and earn money from. Only the house is earning. :)

But I was always thinking if that much people are inside this thing there must be something I'm missing and last week I decided to check few methods...

I liked the optimisation section a lot but the visual backtesting is still missing.

I don't want to start coding this again because although the coding part was easy dealing with chart components is annoying.

I'm just testing few ideas.

@moneybiz

ClickAlgo
30 Aug 2015, 09:49

morning,

I think your idea is a very good one, maybe in the future Spotware will include this feature, thanks for the memory manager :-)

@ClickAlgo

moneybiz
30 Aug 2015, 19:27

I'm glad you find it useful.

@moneybiz

Spotware
01 Sep 2015, 23:31

Dear Traders,

It is in our plans to provide such functionality in the future.

Additionally you can vote for it in: http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/5367600-add-the-visual-mode-to-the-backtester

@Spotware

Leonardo4
26 Nov 2016, 04:30

Hello. As will be realized visual Mode in the Backtester?

@Leonardo4

ctid291299
13 Feb 2017, 15:19

Please check this:

/forum/calgo-support/11259

@ctid291299