Unicode characters

Created at 06 Jul 2015, 21:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

WhiteSage

Joined 02.02.2014

Unicode characters
06 Jul 2015, 21:16

I've noticed toAlgo ports come with some unicode characters, the code window its self even shows the symbols and they can be copy-pasted. Given there are no fonts, I can't just use windings or what not. What characters does the platform support and where can I get a list of codes to paste in?

public static string GetArrowByCode(int code)
{
    switch (code) 
	{
		case 0:
			return string.Empty;
        case 32:
            return " ";
        case 33:
            return "✏";
        case 34:
            return "✂";
        case 35:
            return "✁";
        case 40:
            return "☎";
        case 41:
            return "✆";
        case 42:
            return "✉";
        case 54:
            return "⌛";
        case 55:
            return "⌨";
        case 62:
            return "✇";
        case 63:
            return "✍";
        case 65:
            return "✌";
... etc

@WhiteSage
Replies

Spotware
07 Jul 2015, 10:44

Dear Trader,

cAlgo.API supports Unicode characters. You are able to use windings and draw them into your chart. The following indicator illustrates such an example: /algos/indicators/show/253

By just searching on the Web you can easily find several lists showing the codes of the windings in unicode. We hope this helps you.

@Spotware

WhiteSage
08 Jul 2015, 22:09

Thank you! Turns out the default windows alt +{code} is a different set to the ones in example.

To get the ones seen (and many more) check out this list  http://unicode-table.com/en/#box-drawing
To get a symbol, open wordpad and type the symbol code then immediately press alt+x. The code should be converted, then copy-paste in to calgo.

@WhiteSage