calgo wont open

Created at 03 Jul 2015, 17:11
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

3xfx

Joined 01.04.2015

calgo wont open
03 Jul 2015, 17:11

when I try to open it it get a message that says, program has stopped working or program not responding.

IM having a EA built so I need it to open.

@3xfx
Replies

3xfx
06 Jul 2015, 06:30

Anyone,anyone anyone

@3xfx

Spotware
06 Jul 2015, 17:39

Dear Trader,

Could you provide us more details regarding your issue? (do you receive any error messages, warnings?)

@Spotware

3xfx
07 Jul 2015, 03:34

When calgo tries to open  a box comes up saying calgo has stopped working. And then another box with close program comes up.

It never gets to open.

@3xfx

Spotware
07 Jul 2015, 11:10

Dear Trader,

Could you please inform us the following:

1. Are you able to start cTrader?

2. Could you please install Spotware cAlgo (if you are not currently using it), and let us know if it's working properly?

3. Have you installed any windows/ driver updates around the time that cAlgo stopped working?

4. Have you uninstalled any software around the time that cAlgo stopped working?

@Spotware

3xfx
08 Jul 2015, 02:48

I got it to work from the web site. but when I shut computer down I began having same problem.

My ctrader live and ctrader demos work fine.

No updates

No uninstalls.

I had someone code a cbot so I can back test but I cant open algo so I dont even know if bot I paid for works yet

@3xfx

Spotware
08 Jul 2015, 09:41

Dear Trader,

Could you try to remove content of c:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\cAlgo\Sources\ folder, that contains all sources and compiled binaries. (We suggest you better not to delete the folder, just rename it and move it to different place).  Then try to start cAlgo again.

@Spotware

3xfx
08 Jul 2015, 17:23

In my doc folder there is      calgo when i open that there is api journals sources and when i open them there is nothing like u want me to rename.

@3xfx

Spotware
08 Jul 2015, 17:38

Dear Trader,

Could you please uninstall cAlgo using the setup.exe file and then reinstall it?

@Spotware

3xfx
08 Jul 2015, 17:41

I tried to rename the sources folder but I cant. It says it is open in another program. my live tradersway and IC markrets demo is open.

@3xfx

Spotware
08 Jul 2015, 17:47

Dear Trader,

Could you please uninstall cAlgo using the setup.exe file and then reinstall it?

@Spotware

3xfx
08 Jul 2015, 19:30

It worked. I renamed folder and moved to the desktop since I wasnt sure where to move it to.

Any suggestions.

Thank you very much for the help and getting me up and running.

@3xfx