Cannot edit cBots in Visual Studio

Created at 20 Jun 2015, 15:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Mikro

Joined 20.06.2015

Cannot edit cBots in Visual Studio
20 Jun 2015, 15:02

Hi all, I am encountering a problem trying to edit/open cBots with Visual Studio. After noticing the feature I downloaded Visual Studio 2015 Community (which was wrong but I didn't know then). Then after clicking on "Edit in Visual Studio" from within cAlgo the installer windows opend but due to the wrong VS version I could not edit the cBot. I downloaded VS Express 2013, deinstalled VS 2015 C an retried "Edit in Visual Studio" but nothing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled cAlgo, retried "Edit in Visual Studio" which opened a downloadbar for the VSIX installer but again nothing happens! Does anybody have clue what I am missing? Cheers Mikro

@Mikro
Replies

Spotware
22 Jun 2015, 16:15

Dear Trader,

Currently we do not support Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 editions.  It is in our plans to support these editions too. Supported editions are 2010, 2012, 2013.

You cannot use an express edition of Visual Studio because express editions do not support extensions.

@Spotware

lorddevil
06 Jan 2016, 21:58

When can we expect Visual Studio 2015 support?

@lorddevil

Spotware
06 Jan 2016, 23:15

Dear Trader,

We cannot provide you with an ETA. It will be supported in the future.

@Spotware

kaledenben
22 Mar 2016, 12:51

i have same problem. how can we fix this problem ? uninstalling the wrong version didn't solve the problem. cAlgo cannot open VS.

@kaledenben

ClickAlgo
23 Mar 2016, 07:08

sorry about that, the link has been updated, can you try again please.

@ClickAlgo

ChasBrownTH
29 May 2016, 20:26

The VSExtension.vsix file structure, as well as how to edit it, is explained here and it works!

/forum/calgo-support/8502?page=1#2

There is also a working copy kindly provided ClickAlgo.com on their site, if you search for it.

@ChasBrownTH

ClickAlgo
30 May 2016, 06:33

here is a ready made version, the previous link no longer works.

http://www.clickalgo.com/blog/post/visual-studio-ctrader-programming.aspx

@ClickAlgo