Is there a way to modify cTrader?

Created at 04 May 2015, 10:02
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ON

onemind

Joined 30.04.2015

Is there a way to modify cTrader?
04 May 2015, 10:02

Hi

Quick question about what is possible with cTrader.

Cbots are great for auto trading and backtesting and indicatiors are great too but is there a way to add extra functionality to ctrader itself?

For example.

Can I create an indicator that shows max possible position size relative to balance and then have that inserted into the volume field for opening new trades with max volume?

So if i have a $1000 balance at 400:1 i would lilke to calculate the max volume i can have and have that inserted into the one click trading volume field.

Thanks for any info

@onemind
Replies

SwapBridgeCapital
04 May 2015, 17:49

RE:

onemind said:

Hi

Quick question about what is possible with cTrader.

Cbots are great for auto trading and backtesting and indicatiors are great too but is there a way to add extra functionality to ctrader itself?

For example.

Can I create an indicator that shows max possible position size relative to balance and then have that inserted into the volume field for opening new trades with max volume?

So if i have a $1000 balance at 400:1 i would lilke to calculate the max volume i can have and have that inserted into the one click trading volume field.

Thanks for any info

you can build a cbot that can run in your ctrader platform  that does all the calculations for you. You would create two cBots, One BUY and One Sell cbot. When you want to risk your account balance on 1 trade ( enter highest volume allowed, ) you select what cBot you want to trade ( buy or sell). 

Simple select your cBot and let it open the position based on your calculations. It would be very similar to a one click button. 

Scripts haven't been added to the cTrader platform yet,

@SwapBridgeCapital

onemind
05 May 2015, 16:45

Cool

Thanks RedRhino :)

@onemind