change color of an output programatically

Created at 22 Apr 2015, 23:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

change color of an output programatically
22 Apr 2015, 23:13

Is there a way to set the color of an indicator Output programmatically.

For example, i have an output for the weekly close.  i would like to set the color based on whether there was a gain or loss for the week.  Any ideas?

[Output("WeeklyClose", Thickness = 0, PlotType = PlotType.Points, Color = Colors.Black)]
        public IndicatorDataSeries WClose { get; set; }

I tried Wclose.Color but its not an exposed attribute

@lec0456
Replies

Spotware
24 Jun 2015, 15:22

Dear Trader,

Currently it is not possible to change the color of the indicator in the way you were trying to change it. However please take a look at the following indicator: /algos/indicators/show/265

He hope this helps you.

@Spotware

WhiteSage
25 Jun 2015, 13:31

More simply put, use an If statement as you iterate through the data and populate multiple IndicatorDataSeries. The PlotType Discontinuous will draw between populated points and leave a gap where they are NaN. If you are coloring a single line by indexes you can use <= or other methods to make sure it doubles up the fields at that point (eg The current value in both are populated) creating a continuous line that appears to change colour but has not gaps!

@WhiteSage