Multiple positions versus single "net" position operation

Created at 07 Apr 2015, 02:40
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HY

hyperscalper

Joined 02.03.2015

Multiple positions versus single "net" position operation
07 Apr 2015, 02:40

There is one cTrader provider in the U.S. as far as I know, which is MB Trading.  Unfortunately, they use the "net" position method, so the server does not maintain multiple positions as is the usual cTrader / cAlso expectation, in line with the style which MetaTrader uses.

They claim that for FIFO compliance, then cannot use the multiple position implementation, but must use the "net" position method.

My questions are:

1)  Does SpotWare offer any support for generating FIFO compliant statements to brokerage clients in the U.S.  as was the case when FXDD was operating Dukascopy's JForex in the U.S.  We had unrestricted Order Entry, but statements were written to FIFO compliance.

2)  Wouldn't most commercially available cAlgo Robots fail without multiple position support ?  For multiple entries, I'd have to use an external database if I wanted to remember each partial entry or exit point versus having that part of the cTrader server operation.

Thanks!

HyperScalper

@hyperscalper
Replies

hyperscalper
07 Apr 2015, 22:27

Also, is there a property which can be used at runtime to detect whether the implementation is the normal "positions" vs the abnormal "net" position?

Thanks, HyperScalper

@hyperscalper

Spotware
09 Apr 2015, 11:08

1)  Does SpotWare offer any support for generating FIFO compliant statements to brokerage clients in the U.S.  as was the case when FXDD was operating Dukascopy's JForex in the U.S.  We had unrestricted Order Entry, but statements were written to FIFO compliance.

Please forward this question to info@spotware.com

2)  Wouldn't most commercially available cAlgo Robots fail without multiple position support ?  For multiple entries, I'd have to use an external database if I wanted to remember each partial entry or exit point versus having that part of the cTrader server operation.

cBots must be designed to work in netting mode. Hedging cBots will not work properly in netting accounts.

Also, is there a property which can be used at runtime to detect whether the implementation is the normal "positions" vs the abnormal "net" position?

Currently no, but we plan to add such attribute to the Account object.

@Spotware