multi symbol backtest ?

Created at 03 Apr 2015, 15:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HQ

hq76

Joined 29.03.2015

multi symbol backtest ?
03 Apr 2015, 15:01

Hello, does cAlgo support multi symbol backtesting functionnality ? I do not find information about it. Thnks.

@hq76
Replies

04 Apr 2015, 12:05

cAlgo doesn't support multi symbol back testing... There are lots of requests for it so hopefully it is in development...

@9718853

hq76
07 Apr 2015, 16:33

RE:

Ian_Drummond said:

cAlgo doesn't support multi symbol back testing... There are lots of requests for it so hopefully it is in development...

Ok thank you Ian.

Even if the tester cannot trade multiple symbol, can it proceed information from indicators that need many symbols to calculate ? i mean do a multisymbol indicator can be used to achieved trades on a single pair in the tester ? Thanks. 

@hq76

Spotware
09 Apr 2015, 17:11

Even if the tester cannot trade multiple symbol, can it proceed information from indicators that need many symbols to calculate ? i mean do a multisymbol indicator can be used to achieved trades on a single pair in the tester ? Thanks. 

Multi-symbol indicator will not work in backtesting because multi-symbol backtesting is not supported by cAlgo. We plan to support it in the future.

@Spotware

enam3074
31 Dec 2018, 08:14

I know cAlgo does not support multisymbol backtesting at the moment. Do you have any approximate time frame when we can expect that? I have implemented some automated system with multiple pairs but can test with only forward testing. Would love to see how this multisymbol cBot works by backtesting. Thanks

@enam3074

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Jan 2019, 11:35

Hi enam3074,

Thank you for posting in our forum. We do not have an ETA for this feature but the development team is currently working on it. It should be included in one of the releases planned for 2019.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

trend_meanreversion
01 Aug 2019, 03:15

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi enam3074,

Thank you for posting in our forum. We do not have an ETA for this feature but the development team is currently working on it. It should be included in one of the releases planned for 2019.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

It's been sometime Panagiotis so was wondering if you have an ETA on this feature (multi symbol backtesting) ? We have been waiting for several years now to have it and would appreciate if you can provide some light on it

-TRMR

@trend_meanreversion

matt92
11 Sep 2019, 23:10

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi enam3074,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Lets get this going!!

@matt92

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Sep 2019, 08:55

Hi all,

Multisymbol backtesting will be delivered with v3.7 of cTrader Desktop.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous