Can't Edit/Create New cBot

Created at 26 Mar 2015, 19:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JE

JeremyG

Joined 26.03.2015

Can't Edit/Create New cBot
26 Mar 2015, 19:03

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with a really basic problem.

a) My cAlgo shows no Bots or Indicators, although cTrader does

b) In cTrader, when I click 'edit in cAlgo', cAlgo opens but no code or cbots appear in cAlgo

c) In cAlgo, if I click 'New', nothing happens in the program. I can see that a new folder called 'New cBot' is created in the Robots folder, but nothing at all happens in the program.

d) If I download a cBot and install it, the robot is visible in cTrader, but not in cAlgo.

Would be awesome if anyone could help me fix this issue!

Thanks

Jeremy

@JeremyG
Replies

Spotware
02 Apr 2015, 17:34

It is a known issue, but unfortunately, we cannot reproduce it. If you have any additional information about it, please contact us.

@Spotware

Lakis
03 Jan 2016, 18:24

RE:

Spotware said:

It is a known issue, but unfortunately, we cannot reproduce it. If you have any additional information about it, please contact us.

Hello,

I have maybe the same problem on one of my three computers.

I installed cAlgo on two private computers and it works correctly. The third one is a notebook with Windows 7 and it is from my company for which I work for. So this is administered from our company with special security rules. That means, I have to use a VPN connection if I want to login in to the company’s network from an external WiFi.

The problem is now, the cAlgo-folder which includes the subdirectories API, Journals and Sources are installed in a folder (named with my username), and this is saved on our company’s network.! 

Also cTrader folder with subdirectory Tamplates.

I see this folders only if I use the VPN connection. But with VPN connection there is no data feed. Probably because of the security rules from our company. I cannot login to cAlgo but I see the bots and indicators names on the left site. And when I disconnect the VPN, cAlgo is empty. Not bots, no indicators.

I have administrator rights on this notebook and I can install normally many other programs without problems. Probably all, which don't save any data to this username folder on your company’s network.

But I have not the rights to change the path for this folder. The path is showing to the company's network.

CTrader is working better (on the same notebook, also MT4). Data feed works when I disconnect the VPN. So its ok for both of them.

I think if cAlgo saves all his folders together in C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming as the other ones, the problem will be solved.

Or is there a way to change something in the registry, after the normal installation of cAlgo?

So that cAlgo can find those subdirectories (API, Journals and Sources) on the hard disk.!

@Lakis

Spotware
04 Jan 2016, 02:46

Dear Trader,

There is no way to change any of the paths for cTrader, cAlgo.

We recommend you to check the permissions on the "Documents", "cAlgo" folders.

@Spotware