how to log a string into journal so that it saves on journal files?

Created at 01 Aug 2024, 07:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KY

kyosuke

Joined 17.03.2022

how to log a string into journal so that it saves on journal files?
01 Aug 2024, 07:23

Hi, as per the title: how to log a string into journal so that it saves on journal files?

@kyosuke
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Aug 2024, 12:16

Hi there,

If you are referring to the log, just use the Print("Write any string here") method.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

kyosuke
01 Aug 2024, 13:12

RE: how to log a string into journal so that it saves on journal files?

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

If you are referring to the log, just use the Print("Write any string here") method.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Correct me if I'm wrong: Print("") method ends up into “Algo” tab while I'm asking if is possibile to write in the “Journal” tab. Differences are:

• journal tab's logs is piled up by month while algo's ones are piled up by bot/indicator activation
  • journal file path is always “C:\Users\username\Documents\cTrader\Journals\Spotware\Journal-YYYY-MM.txt” while algo file path is always unique per bot/indicator activation “C:\Users\username\Documents\cAlgo\Data\cBots\myBot\7c36a52f-2ab9-41db-a2c7-a5a2bfdb8c76\RealTime\log.txt” as I see a lot of UUIDs in the “myBot” folder 

If there's no method to write into Journal logs, I'll obviusly go with the Algo logs…

@kyosuke

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Aug 2024, 05:04

RE: RE: how to log a string into journal so that it saves on journal files?

kyosuke said: 

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Correct me if I'm wrong: Print("") method ends up into “Algo” tab while I'm asking if is possibile to write in the “Journal” tab. Differences are:

• journal tab's logs is piled up by month while algo's ones are piled up by bot/indicator activation
  • journal file path is always “C:\Users\username\Documents\cTrader\Journals\Spotware\Journal-YYYY-MM.txt” while algo file path is always unique per bot/indicator activation “C:\Users\username\Documents\cAlgo\Data\cBots\myBot\7c36a52f-2ab9-41db-a2c7-a5a2bfdb8c76\RealTime\log.txt” as I see a lot of UUIDs in the “myBot” folder 

If there's no method to write into Journal logs, I'll obviusly go with the Algo logs…

You can't write in the Journal tab

@PanagiotisCharalampous