Bot randomly stop without any log

Created at 15 Jul 2024, 13:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DU

duongphuongtrinh92

Joined 14.07.2020

Bot randomly stop without any log
15 Jul 2024, 13:19

Hi,

I'm running the same cBot for 3 different accounts. 2 of the cBots stopped without giving any log, not even the log saying “cBot X has started” was there, as if I had never turned the cBot on. According to the Journal, the cTrader platform did not reset. This only happened after the recent cTrader Cloud update. Any idea? Thanks.

@duongphuongtrinh92
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Jul 2024, 06:36

Hi there,

In order to understand what happens, we will need more information about your issue, like the cBot code, cBot parameters and how the cBot is executed i.e. cTrader Desktop, CLI or cTrader Cloud.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

duongphuongtrinh92
17 Jul 2024, 14:15 ( Updated at: 18 Jul 2024, 05:55 )

RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

In order to understand what happens, we will need more information about your issue, like the cBot code, cBot parameters and how the cBot is executed i.e. cTrader Desktop, CLI or cTrader Cloud.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Sure.

I was running the cBot on a Windows via VPS. This never happened before the Cloud update.

This is a simple close all positions and all orders when a certain condition is met. Please see the code here.

The bug has re-occurred so I attached an image for easier debugging

As you can see, the bot is still running (or is it?), but there is no log, and no name appears in the drop-down menu. Other times, the bot stopped and no log was given.

@duongphuongtrinh92

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jul 2024, 06:13

RE: RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

duongphuongtrinh92 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Sure.

I was running the cBot on a Windows via VPS. This never happened before the Cloud update.

This is a simple close all positions and all orders when a certain condition is met. Please see the code here.

As you can see, the bot is still running (or is it?), but there is no log, and no name appears in the drop-down menu. Other times, the bot stopped and no log was given.

Hi there,

Unfortunately it is still not clear to us how we can reproduce this issue. Can you record a video demonstrating all the steps you are taking to reproduce this behavior?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

duongphuongtrinh92
30 Jul 2024, 05:47 ( Updated at: 30 Jul 2024, 06:19 )

RE: RE: RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

duongphuongtrinh92 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Sure.

Hi there,

Unfortunately it is still not clear to us how we can reproduce this issue. Can you record a video demonstrating all the steps you are taking to reproduce this behavior?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

The bot was running on a VPS so I can't record the moment the bug happened. But here is a video showing the moment I found it bugged. As you can see in the video, in the 3rd instance of the cTrader platform, there is no log (I didn't delete it), no cBot name in the drop-down menu although the cBot seems to be running, the cBot name appears again when I turn it off. Hope this helps.

@duongphuongtrinh92

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jul 2024, 12:15

Hi there,

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

duongphuongtrinh92
17 Aug 2024, 18:12 ( Updated at: 17 Aug 2024, 18:19 )

Hi,

The bug happened again and I just sent troubleshooting info. I forgot to add that all of my different cBots were stopped too, not just only one specific cBot.

Plus, when I tried to open cTrader for FTMO version 4.1 (old version), I got this error message. 

@duongphuongtrinh92

ctid7484352
18 Aug 2024, 21:29 ( Updated at: 19 Aug 2024, 05:19 )

Same bug

Same exact bug. cTrader is running on a windows VM (win server 2022) with 8 CPUs, so performance isn't the issue here. It can run ok for a few days but eventually it always crashes without any logs. The logs are not produced in the UI and in the log file. Also I know it is still running because it continues to take up the same CPU/memory as it used to when it was working. Not sure if that matters but the bot was attached to an instrument that trades 24/7, so the market was open when it decided to crash

@ctid7484352

duongphuongtrinh92
28 Aug 2024, 17:49 ( Updated at: 29 Aug 2024, 05:15 )

RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

Hi there,

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It is still happening. Is there any work around on this, please? May be we can download an older version of cTrader?

@duongphuongtrinh92

PanagiotisCharalampous
29 Aug 2024, 05:32

RE: RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

duongphuongtrinh92 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It is still happening. Is there any work around on this, please? May be we can download an older version of cTrader?

Older versions are not available. Did you send the troubleshooting report as requested?

@PanagiotisCharalampous

duongphuongtrinh92
06 Sep 2024, 04:30 ( Updated at: 06 Sep 2024, 05:09 )

RE: RE: RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

duongphuongtrinh92 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Older versions are not available. Did you send the troubleshooting report as requested?

Yes, I did. I also attached a link to this discussion. 

@duongphuongtrinh92

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Sep 2024, 08:23

RE: RE: RE: RE: Bot randomly stop without any log

duongphuongtrinh92 said: 

duongphuongtrinh92 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Yes, I did. I also attached a link to this discussion. 

Hi there, 

We have received your troubleshooting report. It seems you are running the cBots on three different instances that run under the same start up profile. This setup might cause conflicts between cBots. We would suggest that you create a separate profile for each instance of the cBot you are running. Read more below

https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader/interface/settings/?h=profile#startup

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

duongphuongtrinh92
19 Sep 2024, 13:41

Hello,

Unfortunately, the problem persists even after I run the bots on separate profiles. I filed 2 troubleshootings, could you please check?

Thank you.

@duongphuongtrinh92