Run restart after a build

Created at 07 Jul 2024, 16:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EY

eynt

Joined 08.05.2020

Run restart after a build
07 Jul 2024, 16:12

When I compile and build by cBot while it is running on a Backtest or Live, the run will stop and auto restart.

Is there a way to prevent that? I want the bot to keep running with the old version

Thanks

@eynt
Replies

firemyst
08 Jul 2024, 00:29

Is there a way to prevent that?

Have two different machines where you run your bots. Keep one running the “old” code, and use the other machine as your development machine where you can compile, run, rerun, and do whatever with newer versions of the code.

Or if you're using the cloud option, make sure to turn off the syncing. 

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Jul 2024, 05:04

No you cannot. As firemyst suggested, you would need a different setup for such a scenario. In principle, dev environment should be different to your production environment. 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
08 Jul 2024, 05:39

RE: Run restart after a build

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

No you cannot. As firemyst suggested, you would need a different setup for such a scenario. In principle, dev environment should be different to your production environment. 

Hi

I belive It used to be fine until now. I don't understand why was the change in last version. There's no sense of forcing a reload in the middle of a run. I suggest you change it back to the way it was.

Thanks

@eynt

eynt
08 Jul 2024, 05:50

RE: RE: Run restart after a build

eynt said: 

Hi

I belive It used to be fine until now. I don't understand why was the change in last version. There's no sense of forcing a reload in the middle of a run. I suggest you change it back to the way it was.

Thanks

I want to emphasize this point. A part of  the developing is actually running the bot while developing and modifing it at the same time so it's impossible to seperate running a bot and developing. Especially when running it on backtest. The auto-reload doesn't give any addded value, only cause complications

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Jul 2024, 05:43

RE: RE: RE: Run restart after a build

eynt said: 

eynt said: 

Hi

Thanks

I want to emphasize this point. A part of  the developing is actually running the bot while developing and modifing it at the same time so it's impossible to seperate running a bot and developing. Especially when running it on backtest. The auto-reload doesn't give any addded value, only cause complications

Hi there,

There are technical reasons that led the team to implement this and there are no plans to revert this change, therefore you should adopt the way you work.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous