RenkoAshi cBot trouble

Created at 21 Jun 2024, 23:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MI

Mike-JP

Joined 09.03.2021

RenkoAshi cBot trouble
21 Jun 2024, 23:19

cTrader Desktop: ver. 5.0.25
Broker: ICMarkets
RenkoAshi cBot (TP/SL = null/null open position) Trouble

This cBot is confirmed to work normally.

However, as has been reported many times in this forum, cBots that run on "Ontick" or "Renko Chart" frequently freeze because the number of bars exceeds the memory. Even in Ver. 5.0.25, this problem has not yet been resolved.

This time, RenkoAshi cBot (TP/SL = 40/55 pips) was opened, but a problem occurred where TP/SL was not set. In the figure, TP was manually set to 20 pips later.

As such, cTrader bugs have been occurring frequently recently. Will Spotware compensate users for losses caused by cTrader bugs?

If not, please provide the version-up products after confirming that they are completely safe to use. Users are in a lot of trouble.

The quality and reliability of the cTrader platform product is important. If bugs occur frequently, the cTrader platform will lose the trust of its users and become less competitive with other companies.

@Mike-JP
Replies

firemyst
24 Jun 2024, 10:17 ( Updated at: 26 Jun 2024, 05:47 )

If not, please provide the version-up products after confirming that they are completely safe to use. Users are in a lot of trouble.

The quality and reliability of the cTrader platform product is important. If bugs occur frequently, the cTrader platform will lose the trust of its users and become less competitive with other companies.

This is so true. There have been many issues and bugs that should have never seen the light of day. It's like Spotware's Developers don't even use the product or have any dedicated quality control / test engineers.

If Spotware had their own cbots running in a test environment, this bug should have been picked up by their team loooooooooong before being released.

What's worse is how much longer it's taking critical issues to get resolved. This freezing issue was first reported end of May. It's nearly 30 days later and it's still not resolved. Totally unacceptable! Not only can we not run bots safely now, a lot of users reported the issue using the backtest functionality. These are what sets cTrader apart from the rest and when these key aspects can't even be trusted…

If Spotware ever gets around to cleaning up this mess, they need to look internally and either start removing people who aren't doing what they're supposed to be, or actually creating a team to do this and ensure a quality product gets released.

There's now at least 3 threads on this issue, plus it has been brought up in the Facebook cTrader group as well:

https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-support/43974

https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-algo/44016

https://ctrader.com/forum/ctrader-algo/44014

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Jun 2024, 07:37

Hi there,

The freeze issue is under investigation. Regarding the SL issue, this usually happens when you are trying to set invalid stop losses i.e. inside the spread or with an invalid price. If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem with valid stop loss prices we are happy to have a look.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
26 Jun 2024, 07:46 ( Updated at: 26 Jun 2024, 08:27 )

RE: RenkoAshi cBot trouble

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

The freeze issue is under investigation. Regarding the SL issue, this usually happens when you are trying to set invalid stop losses i.e. inside the spread or with an invalid price. If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem with valid stop loss prices we are happy to have a look.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Has Spotware been able to reproduce the freeze issue?

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Jun 2024, 08:28

RE: RE: RenkoAshi cBot trouble

firemyst said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi firemyst,

Please stop spamming the entire forum with this issue and keep the conversation in one place. The OP does not mention your issue.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

firemyst
26 Jun 2024, 08:53 ( Updated at: 26 Jun 2024, 09:10 )

RE: RE: RE: RenkoAshi cBot trouble

firemyst said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi firemyst,

Please stop spamming the entire forum with this issue and keep the conversation in one place. The OP does not mention your issue.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Sorry. My issue is the “Freeze” issue, which the OP in this thread clearly mentioned in their original post (bold italiacs are mine) :

"cBots that run on "Ontick" or "Renko Chart" frequently freeze because the number of bars exceeds the memory."

Also, I didn't see an answer to the question if Spotware has been able to reproduce the freezing yet that's been reported?

Thank you.

@firemyst

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Jun 2024, 09:14

RE: RE: RE: RE: RenkoAshi cBot trouble

firemyst said: 

firemyst said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi firemyst,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Sorry. My issue is the “Freeze” issue, which the OP in this thread clearly mentioned in their original post (bold italiacs are mine) :

"cBots that run on "Ontick" or "Renko Chart" frequently freeze because the number of bars exceeds the memory."

Also, I didn't see an answer to the question if Spotware has been able to reproduce the freezing yet that's been reported?

Thank you.

Hi firemyst,

We have reproduced your issue and we are working on a solution. 

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous