Does VolumeForFixedRisk & VolumeForProportionalRisk include commission ?

Created at 16 Jun 2024, 07:46
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CI

cindyarhodia

Joined 31.05.2024

Does VolumeForFixedRisk & VolumeForProportionalRisk include commission ?
16 Jun 2024, 07:46

Hello there,

My request is pretty straightforward, as said in the title, I just wanna know if the methods VolumeForFixedRisk and VolumeForProportionalRisk in the Symbol namespace include the commission (if any) in the calculation of volume ?

I would assume it does but would like a confirmation, since the docs doesn't say it clearly.

Also what would be the best way to implement it if it doesn't? (General guidelines, not asking for the code)

Tyvm <3

@cindyarhodia
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Jun 2024, 06:47

Hi there,

No it does not include swaps and commissions. If you need them, you would need to develop your own methods.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

cindyarhodia
17 Jun 2024, 08:39 ( Updated at: 17 Jun 2024, 10:07 )

Aye, thanks for the fast reply.

I'll do my best, prob can find some base formulas online somewhere. Not the priority right now so no rush. I'm developing a trade assistant, first time I do some c# and I like it so far!

Sea yah!

@cindyarhodia

cindyarhodia
24 Jun 2024, 19:25

Do you know any broker that offers demo account that got some assets where the commission type is quote currency per one lot? I'm desperately looking for that to ensure my functions are working in that precise case, I already tried TopFX, Blackbull Markets, FP Markets, Pepperstone and Purple Trading, but unfortunately no one of those got an asset charged that way.

Tyvm !

@cindyarhodia

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Jun 2024, 08:34

RE: Does VolumeForFixedRisk & VolumeForProportionalRisk include commission ?

cindyarhodia said: 

Do you know any broker that offers demo account that got some assets where the commission type is quote currency per one lot? I'm desperately looking for that to ensure my functions are working in that precise case, I already tried TopFX, Blackbull Markets, FP Markets, Pepperstone and Purple Trading, but unfortunately no one of those got an asset charged that way.

Tyvm !

Unfortunately I am not aware of any

@PanagiotisCharalampous