Optimisation Not Working

Created at 25 May 2024, 00:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CL

Clark22

Joined 17.05.2024

Optimisation Not Working
25 May 2024, 00:19

Hi,

The optimisation feature is not working for me. I have tried it at the default 100% CPU (2 core) and the next step down 50% (one core).

I'm using latest Windows 11, Azure VM.

Whenever I leave it to run and come back to check progress, it's unresponsive and displaying a black screen.

Having spent a good amount of time coding up a cbot, and having had ambitions to develop more, I'm extremely disappointed with this.

Task manager for the above state. It doesn't look like it's doing any optimisation:

@Clark22
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 May 2024, 07:17

Hi there,

Please share with us your cBot code and all the relevant optimization settings so that we can reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Clark22
27 May 2024, 11:03 ( Updated at: 27 May 2024, 11:05 )

RE: Optimisation Not Working

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Please share with us your cBot code and all the relevant optimization settings so that we can reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

It also failed after 1 hour with the screen open although the screen wasn't black it was frozen.

It's not bot specific so I'm sure you can reproduce it with any bot code from the samples, and I'm sure you can understand that it's not always possible to share code. Mine manages X number of runs over a 1 year period, placing approx. 600 trades. and after about an hour it freezes up, running in Genetic mode against tick data.

It's frozen with another bot also, handling 70 trades over 3 months. 

From my user perspective, the optimisation feature doesn't work, which is a pity as it would be very useful.

What about anyone else's experiences?

Cheers,

Clark

@Clark22

newgibbo
27 May 2024, 11:13 ( Updated at: 27 May 2024, 11:23 )

RE: Optimisation Not Working
PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@newgibbo