cTrader Ver.5.x has worsened the optimization

Created at 19 May 2024, 10:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MI

Mike-FP

Joined 09.03.2021

cTrader Ver.5.x has worsened the optimization
19 May 2024, 10:35

After cTrader was updated to Ver.5.x, optimization performance deteriorated.

<< cTrader Ver.5.x Problems >>

1. Sharp ratio and Sortino ratio in the optimization panel are no longer displayed.

2. The Equity tab in Optimization has disappeared, making it difficult to compare optimization results in the trade-number Equity graphs.

3. After changing the optimization date and re-optimizing, the Date Equity graph on the Report tab is not updated.

4. The Instance Optimization Parameters before the update cannot be input from the keyboard. It can only be changed using the step slider.

5. The design of the Instance display has changed significantly, making it difficult to see as the number of cBots increases, the optimization progress gauge has been removed and the each optimization progress is no longer visible.

6. The Cloud cBots can only upload up to 5 Instances.

7. The memory of cBot Trading has more increased and there is no improvement in the performance of cBot Trading.

It is better to upgrade only Cloud cBot and return everything else to Ver.4.x, and the cTrader developing should continue updating.

The biggest advantage of the cTrader platform is "Traders First!", which is also an advantage compared to MT4/5.
Therefore, please develop "Traders First!" with the highest priority when updating the version.

@Mike-FP
Replies

fahim36912
19 May 2024, 12:13

+1

+1 to this, I agree. No clue what these devs are doing right now

@fahim36912

Elon.Musk
19 May 2024, 14:24

+1 too, I reverted to Ctrader4.8 to be able to continue optimization .. 

also they said you can run 10 bots on cloud. well you can only run 5 unless there is something i don't know 

@Elon.Musk

dave.anderson.consulting
07 Jun 2024, 20:11

In fact, I think your list of defects is much shorter than reality. I should have looked at the forum earlier. I've been dealing with strange behavior from cBots that have sometimes been in the live account for more than 1 year now for almost a day. Backtesting and Optimization are of course the two regulars that almost never work properly after a release.
I think the UI has deteriorated this time compared to previous releases. I guess they have a new UI designer ;-)

Immediately back to previous version 4.9. I won't be using the latest release from now on either. I will stay at least 1 version behind so as not to make my life unnecessarily miserable!

@dave.anderson.consulting