allow Algos to start cBots

Created at 16 May 2024, 16:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EY

eynt

Joined 08.05.2020

allow Algos to start cBots
16 May 2024, 16:19

Hi

On the new 5 version of cTrader there's a new feature which allow Algos to start cBots. Where can I get more information/documintaion on the subject?

Thanks

@eynt
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 May 2024, 05:46

Hi there,

Documentation for this feature will be added soon.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

driftingprogrammer
22 May 2024, 08:24

RE: allow Algos to start cBots

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

I am desperately wanting to use this feature to stop my purchased cbots before close of market and restarting them after few hours to escape the couple of hours when the spread is too high.

Is the API that enables a cbot to start stop other cbots documented in the API documentation. Please let us know so we can start using this feature.

Thanks in advance.

@driftingprogrammer

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 May 2024, 10:25

RE: RE: allow Algos to start cBots

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

I am desperately wanting to use this feature to stop my purchased cbots before close of market and restarting them after few hours to escape the couple of hours when the spread is too high.

Is the API that enables a cbot to start stop other cbots documented in the API documentation. Please let us know so we can start using this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a short example on how to start a cBot

var robot = ChartRobots.Add("Sample Break Even", "", 1,1);      
            robot.Start();

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

driftingprogrammer
06 Jun 2024, 15:50

RE: RE: RE: allow Algos to start cBots

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

var robot = ChartRobots.Add("Sample Break Even", "", 1,1);                  robot.Start();

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Can you please guide me how I can get access to the object ChartRobots inside my cBot.

Inside my cBot when I write 

Print(Chart.ChartType); 

On running I get the output 

candlesticks

But when I write 

Print(Chart.Robots); 

I get a compilation error saying

Error CS1061: 'Chart' does not contain a definition for 'Robots' and no accessible extension method 'Robots' accepting a first argument of type 'Chart' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (/Users/ben/cAlgo/Sources/Robots/EvcBotController/EvcBotController/EvcBotController.cs, line: 25, column: 25)

Can you please guide me how I can get to the ChartRobots object you have mentioned in your code above.

Thanks in advance.

@driftingprogrammer

driftingprogrammer
06 Jun 2024, 16:03

RE: RE: RE: RE: allow Algos to start cBots

driftingprogrammer said: 

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

var robot = ChartRobots.Add("Sample Break Even", "", 1,1);                  robot.Start();

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Can you please guide me how I can get access to the object ChartRobots inside my cBot.

Print(Chart.ChartType); 

candlesticks

But when I write 

Print(Chart.Robots); 

Error CS1061: 'Chart' does not contain a definition for 'Robots' and no accessible extension method 'Robots' accepting a first argument of type 'Chart' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (/Users/ben/cAlgo/Sources/Robots/EvcBotController/EvcBotController/EvcBotController.cs, line: 25, column: 25)

Can you please guide me how I can get to the ChartRobots object you have mentioned in your code above.

Thanks in advance.

After I got it to compile at runtime I am getting this error

06/06/2024 21:30:47.580 | Crashed in OnStart with MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'cAlgo.API.ChartRobots cAlgo.API.Chart.get_Robots()'.

@driftingprogrammer

driftingprogrammer
07 Jun 2024, 05:31

driftingprogrammer said: 

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Print(Chart.ChartType); 

candlesticks

But when I write 

Print(Chart.Robots); 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Panagiotis,

When  I add the below line to the OnStart method of my cBot

Print(ChartRobots.Count);

I get the below error when I run my cBot

07/06/2024 10:58:23.108 | Crashed in OnStart with MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'cAlgo.API.ChartRobots cAlgo.API.Internals.Algo.get_ChartRobots()'.

Please let me know how I can get access to the ChartRobots.

Thanks.

@driftingprogrammer

driftingprogrammer
09 Jun 2024, 08:48

RE: RE: RE: allow Algos to start cBots

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

I understand this API will enable me to add and start cBot to the chart that this particular cBot (starter cBot) is on. Does that mean that now multiple cBots can run on the same chart. Using cTrader Desktop I can never add more than one cBot on a particular chart, so can you please shed some light on this new thing, running multiple cBots on the same chart.

Is there a way to access Robots that are running on other currency pairs and hence their saperate charts but within this particular instance of cTrader and also on this same account (I am running everything locally with synchronisation with cloud turned off).

Please let me know,

Cheers.

@driftingprogrammer

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Jun 2024, 07:04

driftingprogrammer said: 

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

I understand this API will enable me to add and start cBot to the chart that this particular cBot (starter cBot) is on. Does that mean that now multiple cBots can run on the same chart. Using cTrader Desktop I can never add more than one cBot on a particular chart, so can you please shed some light on this new thing, running multiple cBots on the same chart.

Is there a way to access Robots that are running on other currency pairs and hence their saperate charts but within this particular instance of cTrader and also on this same account (I am running everything locally with synchronisation with cloud turned off).

Please let me know,

Cheers.

Hi there,

Using cTrader Desktop I can never add more than one cBot on a particular chart, so can you please shed some light on this new thing, running multiple cBots on the same chart.

This was always possible in the Trade section

You can access all charts and manage cBots on them using a plug in.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

driftingprogrammer
10 Jun 2024, 09:58

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: allow Algos to start cBots

driftingprogrammer said: 

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Please let me know,

Cheers.

Hi there,

Using cTrader Desktop I can never add more than one cBot on a particular chart, so can you please shed some light on this new thing, running multiple cBots on the same chart.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Are you saying this can be accomplished by writing a plug-in, or are you saying there is a plug-in available that can do this. Please let me know.

Thanks.

@driftingprogrammer

PanagiotisCharalampous
11 Jun 2024, 04:58

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: allow Algos to start cBots

driftingprogrammer said: 

driftingprogrammer said: 

driftingprogrammer said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Please let me know,

Cheers.

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

Are you saying this can be accomplished by writing a plug-in, or are you saying there is a plug-in available that can do this. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I say that this can be accomplished by writing a plug-in. Plug-ins have access to all charts.

Best regards

Panagiotis, 

@PanagiotisCharalampous