too many messages and the cbot gets stuck

Created at 07 Mar 2024, 22:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
FO

FOREXNUGGETS

Joined 24.12.2023

too many messages and the cbot gets stuck
07 Mar 2024, 22:36

How can l minimise the messages printed because l get a warning message saying too many messages then the cbot gets stuck , is there a way to remove the executing trade messages and closing trades messages from printing ?

04/09/2023 11:50:00.000 | < too many messages >

@FOREXNUGGETS
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 Mar 2024, 08:43

Hi there,

No it is not. You need to minimize the messages you print in the log.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

karatedog
23 Aug 2024, 10:13

RE: too many messages and the cbot gets stuck

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Is there any way to configure what is “too many”? I don't mind if the application eats more memory or slows down. I need to know what is happening inside the code as I'm in a learning phase and many times there is a clear clash between how I understood the Help (which sometimes does not answer my question) and how really cTrader works. Eventually I will remove almost all of them when I get a better understanding but until then when find a non-syntax issue (when it compiles but does not do what I want), I put a lot of Print around it, draw a lot objects to the chart to understand what I did wrong.

@karatedog

PanagiotisCharalampous
23 Aug 2024, 13:33

RE: RE: too many messages and the cbot gets stuck

karatedog said: 

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Is there any way to configure what is “too many”? I don't mind if the application eats more memory or slows down. I need to know what is happening inside the code as I'm in a learning phase and many times there is a clear clash between how I understood the Help (which sometimes does not answer my question) and how really cTrader works. Eventually I will remove almost all of them when I get a better understanding but until then when find a non-syntax issue (when it compiles but does not do what I want), I put a lot of Print around it, draw a lot objects to the chart to understand what I did wrong.

No, however you can find all your messages in the relevant folder.

@PanagiotisCharalampous