Differences in net profit on screen and in code

Created at 31 Jan 2024, 16:48
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LI

lisabeaney

Joined 08.10.2019

Differences in net profit on screen and in code
31 Jan 2024, 16:48

Hi,

I'm backtesting and debugging a cBOT and have found in Visual Studio when I set a breakpoint and examine the positions the profit of these within code is quite different to the positions displayed on screen. 

I've attached a screenshot of the positions as seen by Visual Studio and also screenshots of the positions as displayed in cTrader at the same point. Any ideas why this is happening ?

@lisabeaney
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
01 Feb 2024, 06:53

Hi lisabeaney,

Can you please provide clear steps to reproduce this behavior? We would need cBot code, broker, account type, backtesting parameters and exact moment we should break the execution.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lisabeaney
07 Feb 2024, 08:36

RE: Differences in net profit on screen and in code

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi lisabeaney,

Can you please provide clear steps to reproduce this behavior? We would need cBot code, broker, account type, backtesting parameters and exact moment we should break the execution.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

I've emailed over the code and precise steps to reproduce this problem. I just wanted to check that you had received the email and to ask if there was any update.

Many thanks,

Lisa

@lisabeaney

lisabeaney
07 Feb 2024, 08:36

RE: Differences in net profit on screen and in code

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi lisabeaney,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hi,

I've emailed over the code and precise steps to reproduce this problem. I just wanted to check that you had received the email and to ask if there was any update.

Many thanks,

Lisa

@lisabeaney