Issue with Code Building under Visual Studio since lastest version of cTrader 4.8.30 (Instance issue)

Created at 29 Jan 2024, 21:36
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JU

jumel.donatien

Joined 09.03.2021

Issue with Code Building under Visual Studio since lastest version of cTrader 4.8.30 (Instance issue)
29 Jan 2024, 21:36

Hi there,
Since version 4.8.30 of cTrader, I have an issue with code building under Visual Studio 2022 (of my cBot and Indicators under the "Automate" tab).
Here's what I'm working with:
- cTrader (version: 4.8.30)
- Visual Studio Community 2022 (latest version: 17.8.5)
- NET 6.0 (code framework for my cBot or Indicators)

Here is my problem: I create an instance under my cBot or Indicator that I want to edit, for example EURUSD (no matter the symbol), then I edit my code in Visual Studio, I then click on "Build Solution" or “Rebuild” in Visual Studio, and there, my code build without problem, but my instance (here EURUSD) is removed in cTrader!!!
It's very annoying, because each time I build the code, I have to create a new instance, reload my parameters, etc.

This problem occurred since cTrader version 4.8.30, it worked with previous versions of cTrader, the created instances were not deleted when I built the code in Visual Studio. (I had the same version of Visual Studio as now)

On the other hand, I specify that if I modify the code directly in cTrader and I build the code, this does not happen, the instance is not deleted and my cbot or indicator updates automatically.

Thank you for your help, because I'm wasting a lot of time here!

@jumel.donatien
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jan 2024, 07:06

Hi there,

The team is aware of this issue and will be fixed in the next release of cTrader Desktop.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jumel.donatien
30 Jan 2024, 07:23

RE: Issue with Code Building under Visual Studio since lastest version of cTrader 4.8.30 (Instance issue)

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

The team is aware of this issue and will be fixed in the next release of cTrader Desktop.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Perfect.
Thank you very much for your answer. I'm sure it will be fixed!
In the meantime, I will modify my codes directly with the cTrader editor.

@jumel.donatien

protraderde
30 Jul 2024, 09:10

RE: Issue with Code Building under Visual Studio since lastest version of cTrader 4.8.30 (Instance issue)

Hi,

I am having the same issue with 4.9.1 version. I know you released 5.0 (20). I did not test the situation in 5.0.

Is there workaround at least for the moment? I am asking because it is more comfortable to code in Visual Studio 2022

All the best

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@protraderde

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Jul 2024, 12:13

RE: RE: Issue with Code Building under Visual Studio since lastest version of cTrader 4.8.30 (Instance issue)

protraderde said: 

Hi,

I am having the same issue with 4.9.1 version. I know you released 5.0 (20). I did not test the situation in 5.0.

Is there workaround at least for the moment? I am asking because it is more comfortable to code in Visual Studio 2022

All the best

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Unfortunately we do not have a workaround. You would need to use the latest version.

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jumel.donatien
30 Jul 2024, 20:45

RE: RE: RE: Issue with Code Building under Visual Studio since lastest version of cTrader 4.8.30 (Instance issue)

protraderde said: 

Hi,

All the best

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Unfortunately we do not have a workaround. You would need to use the latest version.

I confirm that it works with 5.0 version ! thank you the team for this update.

@jumel.donatien