My indicator hehavior is different from use it in the cbot, which cause diff trades

Created at 22 Jan 2024, 04:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HA

Hansen

Joined 30.01.2023

My indicator hehavior is different from use it in the cbot, which cause diff trades
22 Jan 2024, 04:59

Hi

pls see screen attach here, my indicator give trades oppotunitie.

But at the same time, my cbot who use same indicator with same paramters do not give these signals.  i would like to know this behavior is by design or a bug.  

I think data feed to cbot and indicator is different,  so this behavior is by design, but it's a little confuse and unconvenient to test cbot, because i'd like to check my cbot trades with indicator on screen.

why i think the behavior is by design:

1. Calculate is called once for every historical bar and on every tick for the current bar.
  2. OnBar is called once every time a new bar is opened.

Pls let me know if my understand is rignt, if not i will dig into my code and find bug.   

@Hansen
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Jan 2024, 06:48

Hi there,

There is probably a logical bug in your code. Please share with us the following

1. The full cBot code for both the indicator and cBot
  2. Exact steps on how to reproduce the discrepancy (Broker, cBot parameters, Backtesting settings etc)

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous