Bug: Why is core useage for optimization limited to 64 cores only?

Created at 17 Jan 2024, 12:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

heinrich.munz

Joined 21.11.2020

Bug: Why is core useage for optimization limited to 64 cores only?
17 Jan 2024, 12:42

I am using a Windows computer with an AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU with 64 physical and 128 logical Cores, see below.

While running optimizations, I put the CPU usage slider to 100%. However, only 64 of 128 cores are being used, see below.

The reason cannot be because of cTrader not using logical cores, because on a CPU with 16 physical and 32 logical cores, ALL cores are used by cTrader, see below.

Why is cTrader limiting the number of cores being used to max 64?

============ CPU with 128 cores ===========

=============================================================================

===============================================================================

==============  Intel Xeon CPU with 16 phys cores ======

====================================================================

@heinrich.munz
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jan 2024, 10:48

Hi Heinrich,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

lukaszpe
21 Jun 2024, 17:24 ( Updated at: 26 Jun 2024, 05:46 )

RE: Bug: Why is core useage for optimization limited to 64 cores only?

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous,

same here. I rented a 96-Core machine to optimise an algorithm and here I have a usage of ⅓ of the cores. I am able to run 3 instances of CTrader with optimisation running, every instance tests 31 combinations…

Troubleshooting has been submitted.

Best,
Lukasz

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi Heinrich,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you please send us some troubleshooting information the next time this happens? Please paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

Best regards,

@lukaszpe

Quantrosoft
26 Jun 2024, 07:27 ( Updated at: 26 Jun 2024, 11:27 )

RE: RE: Bug: Why is core useage for optimization limited to 64 cores only?

lukaszpe said: 

Hi PanagiotisCharalampous,

same here. I rented a 96-Core machine to optimise an algorithm and here I have a usage of ⅓ of the cores. I am able to run 3 instances of CTrader with optimisation running, every instance tests 31 combinations…

Best,
Lukasz

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi Heinrich,

Best regards,

@Quantrosoft