M1 Data Optimization accuracy

Created at 02 Jan 2024, 23:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

makhzen

Joined 23.11.2020

M1 Data Optimization accuracy
02 Jan 2024, 23:31

Hello, i need some help i know the m1 open data are not so good but when i backtest a M1 result on tick data, the results 

are always very very different and bad…it's very slow to optimize on tick data so i want to know how i can use M1 data with good precision ?

For exemple low pips strategy are bad in M1, what others informations do you have ? thanks you and sorry for my english

@makhzen
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2024, 06:57

Hi there,

If your strategy's logic is based on tick data information e.g. uses take profit or stop loss, then you need to use tick data to get accurate results. Bar data should only be used if your strategy opens and closes positions on every bar.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

makhzen
03 Jan 2024, 17:28

RE: M1 Data Optimization accuracy

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

If your strategy's logic is based on tick data information e.g. uses take profit or stop loss, then you need to use tick data to get accurate results. Bar data should only be used if your strategy opens and closes positions on every bar.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Yes my stategy is only based on Bar close, ohh you mean the take profit/stop loss are tick based, if i use close/open bar as tp/sl the result will be accurate, it's obvious now thank you for your help

@makhzen