LocalStorageType.Device across bots AND indicators?

Created at 01 Jan 2024, 23:23
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

matcwhite

Joined 03.09.2023

LocalStorageType.Device across bots AND indicators?
01 Jan 2024, 23:23

Hello,

I have a quick launch bot which opens a position and writes some information about the position to an object which is saved to Local Storage with the LocalStorageType.Device context.

I also have a separate indicator, not a bot, which picks up when the position is closed, finds the same object and updates it (with closing information, for example).

However, I seem to have found that the indicator cannot ‘see’ the stored object that was created by the bot, even though I'm explicitly specifying the LocalStorageType.Device context. LocalStorage.GetObject() always returns null, despite the fact that I can see that the file does exist in the LocalStorage directory.

Is this expected behaviour? I have the impression that if the Device context is used then both bots and indicators should be able to pick up the stored objects.

Many thanks,

Mat

@matcwhite
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Jan 2024, 06:28

Hi Mat,

The indicator should be able to see the storage. Can you please share with us the cBot code and the indicator code so that we can investigate this issue?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous