IC Markets EU entity - using the cTrader desktop´s inbuilt feature of Market Sentiment

Created at 16 Dec 2023, 08:31
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

matej1989

Joined 02.03.2021

IC Markets EU entity - using the cTrader desktop´s inbuilt feature of Market Sentiment
16 Dec 2023, 08:31

Hello cTrader community,

I hope you're all doing well. I've been exploring some innovative ideas involving certain features provided by cTrader. Without delving into specific details, I've identified a potential edge that I believe could contribute to more effective trading strategies.

I'm reaching out to the community seeking general advice on how to leverage unique features within cTrader without disclosing the exact nature of my strategy. I believe this approach could lead to valuable insights and discussions on different ways to utilize the platform effectively.

While I'm not ready to share the specifics of my strategy at this time, I'm open to general discussions and suggestions on best practices for incorporating unique features into cBot development.

The purpose is to test first the least volume like 1 microlot (1 000). I have encountered 8 errors and 4 warnings during the build process, and I suspect there might be an issue with the cTrader Market Sentiment feature and cAlgo. Perhaps cAlgo does not recognize the MS feature correctly. 

I am specifically interested in successfully implementing the Market Sentiment feature into a cBot. cTrader MS is an inbuilt cTrader desktop feature, it is not a price derivative like moving averages, RSI and other price derived indicators. Below is a snippet of the code I've been working on:

using cAlgo.API;

using cAlgo.API.Indicators;

namespace cAlgo.Robots

{

[Robot(AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]

public class ICMarketstradingcTraderMS : Robot

{

[Parameter(DefaultValue = "Hello world!")]

public string Message { get; set; }

[Parameter("Volume", DefaultValue = 1000, MinValue = 1000)]

public int Volume { get; set; }

private MarketSentiment marketSentiment;

private bool positionOpened;

protected override void OnStart()

{

Print(Message);

// Initialize market sentiment indicator

marketSentiment = Indicators.MarketSentiment();

}

protected override void OnTick()

{

Thanks in advance for any insights or advice concerning a successful implementation of real-time cTrader sentiment data into a cBot. I appreciate your expertise and look forward to engaging in fruitful discussions.

Best regards

Matej

@matej1989