Logging during replay mode

Created at 02 Dec 2023, 00:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid4921325

Joined 18.11.2023

Logging during replay mode
02 Dec 2023, 00:01

Hi there

I'm trying to develop some indicators and am using bar replay mode to test them. I need to log somethings to help debug some issues. Is there a way I can turn on an ‘automate’ log like the live trading has during bar replay?

Thanks

@ctid4921325
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2023, 07:26

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. You can use backtesting for this instead.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ctid4921325
02 Dec 2023, 10:13

RE: Logging during replay mode

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. You can use backtesting for this instead.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks Panagiotis,  as far as I can see this is only available for cbots, not indicators, is that correct?

@ctid4921325

ctid4921325
02 Dec 2023, 10:13

RE: Logging during replay mode

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thanks Panagiotis,  as far as I can see this is only available for cbots, not indicators, is that correct?

@ctid4921325

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Dec 2023, 08:34

RE: RE: Logging during replay mode

ctid4921325 said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Yes, you can create a dummy cBot and then add the indicator on the chart

@PanagiotisCharalampous