Repeated Disconnections

Created at 30 Oct 2023, 15:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
EY

eynt

Joined 08.05.2020

Repeated Disconnections
30 Oct 2023, 15:53

When running cBots they keep disconnecting on a regular basis. I've been running cBots on several computers/VPSs with 2 different brokers (IC Markets and Pepperstone), via CLI and the Windows app, both on the brokers app and Sptoware app and the bots keeps disconnect every several hours or days FOR NO REASON.  Even a simple bot which the only thing it does is monitoring the Server.Disconnected event get disconnected. This NOT am unstable connection, hardware or performance problems and it happens for a very long time (at least months). I've been this tracking this issue all the way back to 2016 (!) as can be seen, for example, in this link: cTrader Forum - cTrader account disconnection

Does anyone else encountered this issue as well? Does it has a solution?

Thanks

@eynt
Replies

PanagiotisChar
31 Oct 2023, 07:40 ( Updated at: 31 Oct 2023, 07:51 )

Hi Eynt,

In general, this is normal when you connect somewhere over the internet. Even if your connection is stable, there are several hops your messages need to go through to reach to the server. If you think that this happens more often that what could be considered as normal, you can send send some troubleshooting information the next time this happens. Paste a link to this discussion inside the text box before you submit it.

@PanagiotisChar

eynt
02 Nov 2023, 06:31

RE: Repeated Disconnections

Thank you for your reply

I am still invastigating this issue. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there away to control the OnServerDisconnected timeout or any other variables which are related to a connection/disconnection issue? Either by code, GUI or CLI
  2. Is seems that some disconnections (but not all) happenes at the same time on several computers. Those disconnections happened only on Pepperstone and not IC Markets.  This suggests its a broker related issue and not a local one. Is there a known disconnection issue with Pepperstone?

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Nov 2023, 07:07

RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

eynt said: 

Thank you for your reply

I am still invastigating this issue. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there away to control the OnServerDisconnected timeout or any other variables which are related to a connection/disconnection issue? Either by code, GUI or CLI
  2. Is seems that some disconnections (but not all) happenes at the same time on several computers. Those disconnections happened only on Pepperstone and not IC Markets.  This suggests its a broker related issue and not a local one. Is there a known disconnection issue with Pepperstone?

Hi eynt

1. I am not sure what do you mean, can you elaborate?
  2. There is no known disconnection issue at the moment. If it happens again, please post the exact time and proxy you are using and I will investigate further.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
02 Nov 2023, 07:57

RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

Hello

1. For example, is there a way to configure that the amount of seconds which requires for the OnServerDisconnected to be triggered. Another example - controls the way cTrader bot behaves after a disconnection/reconnection such as no change of behaivor, complete stop of the bot, things of that sort.
  2. What do you mean by the proxy I am using, where can I find this information?

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Nov 2023, 08:05 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

eynt said: 

Hello

1. For example, is there a way to configure that the amount of seconds which requires for the OnServerDisconnected to be triggered. Another example - controls the way cTrader bot behaves after a disconnection/reconnection such as no change of behaivor, complete stop of the bot, things of that sort.
  2. What do you mean by the proxy I am using, where can I find this information?

Hi eynt,

1. No it is not possible
  2. Click on ms field on the bottom right corner

Best regards,

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
06 Nov 2023, 21:50 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Hello

The problem keeps happeninng. I had 3 disconnections in 24 hours, on 2 different computers. I will send the troubleshooting information. Proxy information attached below.

Please keep me posted about your findings.

Thanks

@eynt

eynt
06 Nov 2023, 21:53 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

Hello

There's been a mix in the messages orders for some reason and I can't see the message I send a minute ago so I resend it here

The problem keeps happeninng. I had 3 disconnections in 24 hours, on 2 different computers. I will send the troubleshooting information. Proxy information attached below.

Thanks

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Nov 2023, 06:45

Hi eynt,

1. No the event is not sent on intervals. It's sent when the server disconnects you. There is no meaning to such setting
  2. It's in the bottom right corner of cTrader. Just click on the label where the milliseconds are displayed.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 Nov 2023, 06:47 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

eynt said: 

Hello

There's been a mix in the messages orders for some reason and I can't see the message I send a minute ago so I resend it here

Thanks

Did you send troubleshooting when this happened?

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
07 Nov 2023, 07:16

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

Yes, 2 minutes after posting here I sent the trubleshooting information via the cTrader app

Thanks

@eynt

eynt
07 Nov 2023, 07:23

Yes, 2 minutes after posting here I sent the trubleshooting information via the cTrader app

Thanks

@eynt

eynt
09 Nov 2023, 21:41

Hello

Is there anything new? Did you get the troubleshooting information?

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Nov 2023, 07:07

Hi there,

Your report did not log any disconnections. You need to send the troubleshooting not less than a couple of minutes after the disconnection happens.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
10 Nov 2023, 07:55

ok, i will send it next week probably.

Is there a way to send the troubleshooting when the bot run via CLI?

Thanks

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Nov 2023, 08:43

eynt said: 

Thanks

Unfortunately no

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
10 Nov 2023, 08:44

Thanks

@eynt

eynt
15 Nov 2023, 04:30

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Your report did not log any disconnections. You need to send the troubleshooting not less than a couple of minutes after the disconnection happens.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello

I am now reading again your reply and I'm not sure I understood. Does the troubleshooting information need to be MORE than 2 minutes after the disconnection or LESS?

Thank you for your calrification

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Nov 2023, 06:56

eynt said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello

I am now reading again your reply and I'm not sure I understood. Does the troubleshooting information need to be MORE than 2 minutes after the disconnection or LESS?

Thank you for your calrification

Hi eynt,

It should be “not more” :)  So after you get a disconnection, send the troubleshooting as soon as possible

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
29 Nov 2023, 05:06 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

PanagiotisCharalampous said: k you for your calrification

Hi eynt,

It should be “not more” :)  So after you get a disconnection, send the troubleshooting as soon as possible

Hi,

It was not easy to catch the disconnections immediatly when it happens however I was able to do it now. I sent the troubleshoot immediately after with a reference to this thread. The proxy data is down, I am looking forward to hear from you about the matter.

Thanks 

@eynt

eynt
02 Dec 2023, 16:14

Hi,

It was not easy to catch the disconnections immediatly when it happens however I was able to do it now. I sent the troubleshoot immediately after with a reference to this thread. The proxy data is down, I am looking forward to hear from you about the matter.

Thanks

Hi

Is there anything new about the subject?

Thanks

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Dec 2023, 08:39

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

eynt said: 

Hi,

Thanks

Hi

Is there anything new about the subject?

Thanks

Hi there,

We have received the troubleshooting and it is under investigation.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
17 Jan 2024, 10:33

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello

Since the last post there were much fewer disconnections (1-2 a week) and I thought this issue was taken care of. Unfortunattly since about a week ago the problem came back and there are disconnections every few hours (about 5-10 disconeections happend last week). I was able to send troubleshooting within 3-4 minutes of the disconnection with a reference to this post.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

@eynt

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Jan 2024, 10:07

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Repeated Disconnections

eynt said: 

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello

Since the last post there were much fewer disconnections (1-2 a week) and I thought this issue was taken care of. Unfortunattly since about a week ago the problem came back and there are disconnections every few hours (about 5-10 disconeections happend last week). I was able to send troubleshooting within 3-4 minutes of the disconnection with a reference to this post.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Hi eynt,

Troubleshooting received, our team is investigating.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

eynt
18 Sep 2024, 20:44

Hello

Disconnections keeps happaining, several times each week. I sent a technical report about 10-15 minutes after the disconnection with a refernce to this forum thread.

I'm looking forward to hear from you

@eynt

eynt
01 Oct 2024, 13:11

eynt said: 

Hello

Disconnections keeps happaining, several times each week. I sent a technical report about 10-15 minutes after the disconnection with a refernce to this forum thread.

I'm looking forward to hear from you

Hello

anything new?

thanks

@eynt