How to define Stop loss

Created at 29 Oct 2023, 08:51
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
IA

ialhamdazeez

Joined 29.10.2023

How to define Stop loss
29 Oct 2023, 08:51

Hello,

ich have coded a cbot. It works perfect and amazing. It makes about 50-70% pro month. But I have a small problem. Till today I could not solve it. If this problem solved, it will make a fortune. 

It is based on several indicators to detect the trend. When the trend is downward and the market is overbought (the price is going upward), it opens sell position, because the price will go again downward in trend direction and vice versa. Sometimes when the trend is downward and the market is overbought and it opens sell position, the market goes further upward breaking the trend and hit the stop loss. Here it will open another position with double Lot to compensate the loss. If the market goes further, it will again double the position. for example it enters with 0.1 Lot. If the price hit the stop loss, it will enter new position with 0.2. It will do it again till 0.8 Lot. It works very good till now. But sometimes it goes further in other direction making loss of alle opened double positions. This happens 1-3 times yearly and make me losing a lot of profit, which it made previously. Does anyone can help me to solve this problem? 

Notice if I set the stop loss slightly less, then it will close a lot of deals, which supposed to be profitable. 

@ialhamdazeez
Replies

PanagiotisChar
30 Oct 2023, 07:13

Hi there,

There is no magical solution to this. This is how martingales work and eventually they blow up the account

@PanagiotisChar

ialhamdazeez
30 Oct 2023, 19:17

RE: How to define Stop loss

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

There is no magical solution to this. This is how martingales work and eventually they blow up the account

Thanks, I read about martingales Strategy. It is exactly what I do in my cbot. It seems there is no solution

@ialhamdazeez