cBot Automate weird behavior

Created at 16 Oct 2023, 13:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

mywebsidekicks

Joined 12.11.2020

cBot Automate weird behavior
16 Oct 2023, 13:54

Today failed to login to cTrader desktop software with my credentials which were 100% correct, so had to change the password. When I logged in and run Backtesting of my bot, I found out that it's now trading COMPLETELY differently from what it used to be yesterday. First I thought, perhaps the timeframe went back to m1 from tickdata, but no, everything is OK. Removed all the symbol tabs and started from scratch, still the same weird results.

How is this even possible? I 100% sure I haven't changed anything since last time, but yet the bot behaves completely differently which is disturbingly weird…

So I thought may be it has something to do with those Warnings that I use ‘obsolete’ old-school code in some places like MarketSeries, so I fixed all those warnings to no avail...

To be honest I'm totally lost and confused right now...

Was there any update that happened between 13 Oct 2023 and 16 Oct 2023 that might affected the logic in my algo somehow?

@mywebsidekicks
Replies

PanagiotisChar
16 Oct 2023, 14:48

Hi there,

No update should affect your cBot execution. Further than that, it's hard to get help with so abstract information

@PanagiotisChar