Help creating an new indicator that will calculate and return a single result as output

Created at 15 Oct 2023, 03:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

JXTA

Joined 23.08.2023

Help creating an new indicator that will calculate and return a single result as output
15 Oct 2023, 03:03

Hi guys, I found a problem while creating multiple SMAs and trying to use it as source in standard deviation it’s not possible to add up these SMAs, it says operator ‘+’ cannot be applied to operands of type ’SimpleMoving Average’ and ’SimpleMoving Average’, can you help me with the problem?

eg:

var sma1 = Indicators.SimpleMovingAverage(Bars.ClosePrices, 50);

var sma2 = Indicators.SimpleMovingAverage(Bars.ClosePrices, 100);

var sma3 = Indicators.SimpleMovingAverage(Bars.ClosePrices, 150);

var sma4 = Indicators.SimpleMovingAverage(Bars.ClosePrices, 200);

var sma_1234 = (((sma1+sma2)/2) + ((sma3+sma4)/2))/2

var sd = Indicators.StandardDeviation(sma_1234.Result,50, MovingAverageType.Simple);

var sma_1234 = (((sma1+sma2)/2) + ((sma3+sma4)/2))/2 this is the part where it cannot do it in robot it has to be done it alone in an new indicator calculate and return a single result as output, but I am too new to code, could anyone please help with the indicator code? Much appreciated !

@JXTA
Replies

PanagiotisChar
15 Oct 2023, 04:11

Hi there,

You cannot do this in C#. To do this you need to create a new IndicatorDataSeries and add the values one by one inside the calculate method.

@PanagiotisChar

JXTA
15 Oct 2023, 05:35 ( Updated at: 16 Oct 2023, 04:03 )

RE: Help creating an new indicator that will calculate and return a single result as output

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

You cannot do this in C#. To do this you need to create a new IndicatorDataSeries and add the values one by one inside the calculate method.

Hi, thanks for reply, do you mean calculate in cbot onbar() area or in a new indicator then refer it to cbot? 

I have a new post here with my indicator, can we please move our future discussion to here? Many thanks!

https://ctrader.com/forum/calgo-support/42069

@JXTA