Problem with optimization

Created at 07 Oct 2023, 08:35
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KS

kstiks

Joined 16.09.2023

Problem with optimization
07 Oct 2023, 08:35

It has an interesting problem with optimization. 

It's about the fact that the backtest works without problems, but when I try to optimize, I don't get sleep data. You can literally see that something is working, but the parameters do not change at all. I tried on several computers but unfortunately it didn't work. 

Does anyone have similar experiences?

@kstiks
Replies

PanagiotisChar
08 Oct 2023, 06:15

Hi there,

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce this problem?

@PanagiotisChar

algorithmic.trading.eu_gmail.com
08 Oct 2023, 12:06 ( Updated at: 09 Oct 2023, 12:53 )

RE: Problem with optimization

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce this problem?

Hello Panagiotis Char,

I hold immense respect for your contributions to cTrader.

I'm reaching out regarding a situation with a client of mine, trader "kstiks," who rented my cBot ( https://ctrader.com/algos/cbots/show/3678 ).

The issue at hand is that he can successfully conduct backtests with the cBot, but he encounters difficulties when attempting to optimize it. He can't optimize the cBot.

Are there any insights or ideas you might have about the possible reasons behind this problem?

I greatly appreciate your advice and assistance.

Thank you.

YouTube video:

(He waited patiently for some time after recording this video, hoping to see if he would receive any optimization results at all. Unfortunately, the optimization process only yields zeros.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j3hhMoooiU&ab_channel=PROTraderEurope

@algorithmic.trading.eu_gmail.com

PanagiotisChar
09 Oct 2023, 13:00 ( Updated at: 09 Oct 2023, 13:11 )

Hi there,

Can he click on the optimization passes and check the logs? There could be some useful information there.

@PanagiotisChar

kstiks
10 Oct 2023, 08:17 ( Updated at: 11 Oct 2023, 06:33 )

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

Can he click on the optimization passes and check the logs? There could be some useful information there.

Surprisingly, the Log is EMPTY!

@kstiks

10 Oct 2023, 09:47

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

I requested that he perform this action, but he mentioned that the Log is empty.

It's worth noting that all other eight individuals who have rented the cBot for a month have been able to run optimization in cTrader without any issues.

However, this particular individual is unable to optimize the cBot, despite having an i5 processor and 16 GB of RAM, along with a Windows 11 operating system.

I'm puzzled as to what could be causing this specific issue. 

Do you have any other advice or ideas regarding the possible cause of this issue? 

If anyone else has insights or suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them.

10 Oct 2023, 11:13 ( Updated at: 11 Oct 2023, 06:33 )

The issue has been resolved.

Trader "kstiks" didn't have the new .NET 6 installed. 

For those who are unable to optimize the cBot due to using .NET 4, please download and install .NET 6 from the following 

link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download

My cBot is built using .NET 6.

Thank you

Best regards,

Mark

PanagiotisChar
11 Oct 2023, 06:46 ( Updated at: 11 Oct 2023, 07:00 )

RE: RE: Problem with optimization

algorithmic.trading.eu_gmail.com said: 

PanagiotisChar said: 

Hi there,

I requested that he perform this action, but he mentioned that the Log is empty.

It's worth noting that all other eight individuals who have rented the cBot for a month have been able to run optimization in cTrader without any issues.

However, this particular individual is unable to optimize the cBot, despite having an i5 processor and 16 GB of RAM, along with a Windows 11 operating system.

I'm puzzled as to what could be causing this specific issue. 

Do you have any other advice or ideas regarding the possible cause of this issue? 

If anyone else has insights or suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them.

It could be any reason that would prevent your cBot from placing trades. You need to debug your cBot step by step on your client's machine to figure it out. It's not possible to get help without somebody being able to reproduce the issue on his/her machine

@PanagiotisChar