Symbol not found or has no quotes

Created at 25 Jul 2023, 13:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MA

matturczynski

Joined 28.05.2023

Symbol not found or has no quotes
25 Jul 2023, 13:57

Hi. Since the last update, I have very often errors (as above) in backtesting. How to deal with it? They only appear when I set backtest without visual mode. 

@matturczynski
Replies

matturczynski
28 Jul 2023, 07:37

Any answer?

@matturczynski

Spotware
31 Jul 2023, 06:09

Dear trader,

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce your problem. If you can provide us with TeamViewer access to your pc, please contact us at community@ctrader.com and our team is happy to have look. 

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

matturczynski
20 Aug 2023, 20:46

RE: Symbol not found or has no quotes

Spotware said: 

Dear trader,

Unfortunately we were not able to reproduce your problem. If you can provide us with TeamViewer access to your pc, please contact us at community@ctrader.com and our team is happy to have look. 

Best regards,

cTrader Team

The problem is it's not often problem and I don't know how to reproduce it :( 

@matturczynski

Spotware
21 Aug 2023, 06:38

Dear trader,

We were able to identify the problem and it will be solved in an upcoming update of cTrader. In the meanwhile, please try giving full access permissions to your cBot.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

matturczynski
21 Aug 2023, 17:19

Spotware said: 

Dear trader,

We were able to identify the problem and it will be solved in an upcoming update of cTrader. In the meanwhile, please try giving full access permissions to your cBot.

Best regards,

cTrader Team

Thank you very much!

@matturczynski

kenneyyfx
06 Jul 2024, 01:19

Spotware

Error | Failed to get symbol 'BTCUSD' quotes: Symbol BTCUSD has no quotes at 01/01/2020 00:00:00

This error has been the cause of my headache for the past couple of days. 

I am using cTrader Desktop 5.0.25 and the error shows up at the start of backtesting with visual mode ticked (thats how i get to see the error) when visual mode is turned off the error does not show up.

This error (in both visual & non visual backtesting modes) causes my bot not to place valid trades

I am backtesting BTCUSD M5 from 01/01/2020 - 05/07/2024 using m1 bars from server (open prices)

See below

Please help, this is very urgent and a huge show stopper !!!

@kenneyyfx

PanagiotisCharalampous
06 Jul 2024, 05:48

kenneyyfx said: 

Spotware

Error | Failed to get symbol 'BTCUSD' quotes: Symbol BTCUSD has no quotes at 01/01/2020 00:00:00

This error has been the cause of my headache for the past couple of days. 

I am using cTrader Desktop 5.0.25 and the error shows up at the start of backtesting with visual mode ticked (thats how i get to see the error) when visual mode is turned off the error does not show up.

This error (in both visual & non visual backtesting modes) causes my bot not to place valid trades

I am backtesting BTCUSD M5 from 01/01/2020 - 05/07/2024 using m1 bars from server (open prices)

See below

Please help, this is very urgent and a huge show stopper !!!

Hi there,

Please create a separate thread and provide your code and broker so that we can reproduce.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous