Loading data while Backtesting each time after the cTrader update 4.8.15

Created at 14 Jul 2023, 10:03
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Algorithmic_Robot

Joined 28.07.2022

Loading data while Backtesting each time after the cTrader update 4.8.15
14 Jul 2023, 10:03

Hi,

Yesterday I ran the backtesting (tick data) from 2016 to July 2023. Although I ran it many times before, the data was loading again for a long time. I thought this is just because of the new update to cTrader 4.8.15 and I'll just have to load the data once for the same period. But today I restarted my computer and wanted to run the backtesting for the same time period and the data is loading again.

Will the data be newly loaded each time now with this cTrader update, although I already ran the same backtesting for the same time period?

Please advise

EDIT: I noticed something else.

I just restarted my computer again. When I went to backtesting and only pressed the play button the data didn't load. It started backtesting. But when I only add one more day to the time period it loads the whole data again for the whole time period. It should only load the data for the newly added day to the time period. So this should be quite fast to load the data.

Example. I want to backtest the bot from 12.1.2023 to 1.7.2023. If I already backtested the time period before the data won't load newly. It will start backtesting right away. But if I only add one more day, so from 11.1.2023 to 1.7.2023 it will load the data for the entire period and will take a long time.

Am I doing something wrong? 

@Algorithmic_Robot
Replies

fx.pro
20 Jul 2023, 13:45

RE:

Mark_Passio said:

Hi,

Yesterday I ran the backtesting (tick data) from 2016 to July 2023. Although I ran it many times before, the data was loading again for a long time. I thought this is just because of the new update to cTrader 4.8.15 and I'll just have to load the data once for the same period. But today I restarted my computer and wanted to run the backtesting for the same time period and the data is loading again.

Will the data be newly loaded each time now with this cTrader update, although I already ran the same backtesting for the same time period?

Please advise

EDIT: I noticed something else.

I just restarted my computer again. When I went to backtesting and only pressed the play button the data didn't load. It started backtesting. But when I only add one more day to the time period it loads the whole data again for the whole time period. It should only load the data for the newly added day to the time period. So this should be quite fast to load the data.

Example. I want to backtest the bot from 12.1.2023 to 1.7.2023. If I already backtested the time period before the data won't load newly. It will start backtesting right away. But if I only add one more day, so from 11.1.2023 to 1.7.2023 it will load the data for the entire period and will take a long time.

Am I doing something wrong? 

Did You solve this problem ? I have identical.

Best Regards,

P.

@fx.pro

Algorithmic_Robot
22 Jul 2023, 19:51

RE: RE:

fx.pro said: 

Best Regards,

P.

No. The problem is still there. The data is loading each time for the same time period while backtesting.

If I want to backtest for more than 3 years, it won't even load the data. And I should be able to backtest on tick data since 2016.

I have enough ram and enough virtual ram on my computer.

@Algorithmic_Robot

fx.pro
22 Jul 2023, 21:21

RE: RE: RE:

Mark_Passio said: 

fx.pro said: 

Best Regards,

P.

No. The problem is still there. The data is loading each time for the same time period while backtesting.

If I want to backtest for more than 3 years, it won't even load the data. And I should be able to backtest on tick data since 2016.

I have enough ram and enough virtual ram on my computer.

I resolve my problem:

a) uninstall cTrader

b) and most important : remove cTrader folder in Documents (not cAlgo, only cTrader)

c) install cTrader

@fx.pro